Asphalt Production Lead
- Summit Argo,IL
- Sep 07, 2017
- Manufacturing : Production
Owens Corning is hiring for a Asphalt Production Lead job in Summit Argo,IL
Shift: 12a-8a and 7a-to 3p
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401l with a strong Company match
- Health and Dental
- Incentive Program
ASPHALT PRODUCION LEAD POSTION SUMMARY
The Asphalt Production Leader is accountable to the Operations Leader for the continuous improvement of housekeeping, safety of plant personnel, environmental compliance, quality, and cost consistent with overall plant goals. The Asphalt Production Leader will develop and maintain an environment where employees work together safely to produce quality products and services that meets our customer’s requirements and maximize company earnings. The Asphalt Production Leader will act as coach, facilitator, and leader for the Converter Operator – First Class I ensure proper production of all products.
ASPHALT PRODUCION LEAD Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take personal ownership to work safely each and everyday and hold other team members to the same high standards of safety
- Notify the Operations Leader immediately of any accident, near miss or injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem
- Fix unsafe conditions and report them immediately to Plant Leader
- Responsible for team safety, production, product quality, and material/labor efficiency
- Work closely with operators and maintenance in troubleshooting process problems
- Provide excellent communications and planning
- Comply with good housekeeping practices and insure work areas are clean and picked up
- Follow all environmental compliance polices & programs
- Attend and participate in meetings and training
- Achieve maximum throughput and efficiencies at the lowest possible costs, within prescribed quality levels
- Complete required daily reports including but not limited to Marsec Level, LEL reporting, Shift status, Converter Operations, Blending Operations, Cutback Production, MSA production, etc.
- Perform administrative tasks of data entry, BOL processing, production entry, receiving, and general organization
- Maintain good working relationship with carriers while coordinating carriers for delivery of raw materials and pickup of finished product
- Tank Gauging knowledge and ability.
- Loading and unloading trucks as needed and ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Maintain a close partnership with the Operations Leader to implement site process improvements, improve product quality, and jointly work toward the achievement of site goals
- Shift scheduling and posting
- All the additional Converter Operator – Class I accountabilities not specifically listed here.
ASPHALT PRODUCION LEAD SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Supervisory skills and experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Professional & technical knowledge
- Working knowledge of production operations
- Safety & environmental knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills to ensure that issues, inconsistencies, and inefficiencies are identified and resolved in a timely manner
- Proven commitment to employee safety and health not only through own actions but by facilitating EH&S initiatives within the facility
ASPHALT PRODUCION LEAD COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Logging into and navigate company intranet to access for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Logging into and navigate Learning Management System and accomplish required online training routinely
- Good computer skills including Allen Bradley panel views
- Experience with and working knowledge of SAP. Requires minimum abilities of being able to log into and navigate SAP for production order processing and other required duties.
ASPHALT PRODUCION LEAD EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Operations Knowledge in all the following areas (not all inclusive): Boilers, Incinerator, Preheaters, Hot Oil system, Tank Burners, Truck Loading/Unloading, Railcar Unloading, Barge Unloading, Acid System, and Computer Control Operations.
ASPHALT PRODUCION LEAD ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to work for up to 8 hours in extreme hold/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/Stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 8 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, ear plugs, eye protection, hard hat, gloves (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task.
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that may be uncomfortable
- Bending or twisting
- Ability to move up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls
Please note: The Summit facilities are 100% tobacco-free, including e-cigarettes, vaporizers, and chewing tobacco. All offers are contingent upon a successful completion of a hair drug test, thorough background check, and pre-placement medical evaluation.
To apply for the position of Asphalt Lead , click on the apply button.
If you have questions, email Janet. Treder@owenscorning.com or call us toll free: 1-844-202-2446
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2016 sales of $5.7 billion and employs about 17,000 people in 33 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 63 consecutive years.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.