Pharmacist Supervisor of Pharmacy Operations - Carlsbad, CA - Veteran's Welcome
- Sep 07, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Supervises the daily activities and tasks of Pharmacists / employees related to fulfillment of prescription orders
- Monitors operations of business unit and actively assists and provides direction to subordinates as required using standard policies, procedures and guidelines
- Prioritizes and coordinates work, provides leadership to and reviews the work of assigned staff
- Maintains and reviews most effective scheduling of staff to meet the needs and goals of business unit; assigns workload to staff to meet completion dates / deadlines
- Develops and implements strategies to improve operational efficiencies, increase productivity and improve processes
- Works to optimize standardized procedures and improve efficiency of subordinates
- Performs or assists subordinates in performing duties and resolving problems
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates
- Analyzes, researches and prepares various reports for management on assigned topics as needed
- Interviews, hires new employees, ensures appropriate training, conducts performance reviews, counsels employees and takes appropriate disciplinary action
- Responsible for supervising up to 25 direct reports (pharmacists)
- Interprets physicians' prescriptions and creates order, accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer system
- Works with peers / staff from other facilities to create, modify and ensure standardized procedures
- Oversees, reviews and handles escalated issues
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management
- Current, unrestricted California Pharmacist License
- BS Pharmacy or Pharm D required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 5+ years active pharmacist experience
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to work outside of regular Mon-Fri hours (evenings / weekends as needed) to meet demands of work volume
- 1+ year experience leading, overseeing or supervising tasks / projects of pharmacy staff
- Demonstrated experience driving continuous improvements and implementing change in an organization
- Experience driving results through effective Performance Management practices and tools
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pharmacist, pharmacy, pharm ops, pharmacy operations, manager, Carlsbad, CA, California