Bilingual (Spanish / English) Customer Service and Claims Representative - Wausau, WI (Job Fair) - Veteran's Welcome
- Sep 08, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Come out and Join us for our Job Fair
Meet with our recruiters and hiring managers to discuss Customer Service career opportunities!
Wednesday, October 18th from 10am to 6pm
115 West Wausau Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
Even if you have
no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build
the successful career that you want - apply today! We provide the support and
structure, you provide the interest and motivation.
Cuando se trata
de salir adelante, tienes las de ganar. Let's call it great career
Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Customer Service Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast growing environment.
You like working with people. Even more so, you like helping them. This is your chance to join a team dedicated to helping our members and their families every day. In this joint role as a Bilingual (Spanish/English) Customer Service and Claims Representative, you'll join us on a mission to not only deliver the best customer service in the health care industry, but the best customer service. Period. Your compassion and customer service expertise combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while doing your life's best work. sm
In this role, you play a critical role in creating a quality experience for the callers that you connect with and those that you correspond with. Every interaction gives you that opportunity to improve the lives of our customers and exceed their expectations. You'll spend the majority of your day by responding to calls from our members and help answer questions and resolve issues regarding health care eligibility, claims and payments. You'll also spend a portion of your time reviewing, researching and processing healthcare claims with the goal to ensure that every claim has a fair and thorough review.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7am to 8pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 115 W Wausau Ave, Wausau, WI 54401.
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers and identify the type of assistance the customer needs (i.e. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment and explanation of benefits (EOBs)
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the customer in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Review and research incoming healthcare claims from members and providers(doctors, clinics, etc) by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms and verifies the data/information necessary for processing (e.g. pricing, prior authorizations, applicable benefits)
- Ensure that the proper benefits are applied to each claim by using the appropriate processes and procedures (e.g. claims processing policies and procedures, grievance procedures, state mandates, CMS/Medicare guidelines, benefit plan documents/certificates)
- Communicate and collaborate with members and providers to resolve issues, using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, accuracy, quality, member satisfaction and attendance
- Spanish Bilingual Required
- Prefer 1 year experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role, but not required
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to multi-task duties as well as the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successful complete the Customer Service training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
There are several steps in our hiring process - it's a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today's ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you'll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test(s) (or what we call an assessment) that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center,
UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class