Associate Director of Analytics Field Sales - Hematology/Oncology - Veteran's Welcome
- Sep 08, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
In an effort to exceed strategic and operational requirements, the Senior Manager, US Analytics will support US Commercial Field Sales Organization through analysis, reporting and insights. This person must have extensive industry experience focused on delivering results within the areas of data analysis, insights, analytics, data mining, statistical analysis, and determining mathematical approaches to solve problems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Build and advocate data-fueled insights that help our cross-functional partners improve outcomes.
• Partner with customers to identify and support key strategies to drive the brands strategic imperatives, with a strong focus on insights, actions & predictive analytics.
• Focused on discovery of the insights hidden in vast, disparate amounts of data to help us make smarter decisions in Commercial Field Sales Organization
• Responsible for field metrics, geographic trends, commercial metrics, insights and performance scorecards
• Ability to perform strategic and tactical ad-hoc analysis with an emphasis on presenting results in a clear manner
• Provide insight into leading analytic practices, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of our core deliverables.
• Work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas.
• Research, design, implement, and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analytics.
• Streamline data feeds from various sources ensuring timely and accurate information for end users
• Provide expertise on mathematical concepts for the broader applied analytics team and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the organization.
• Other responsibilities as deemed necessary
• Ph.D., MBA or Master's Degree in business, economics, statistics, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, or related quantitative discipline
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in gathering/analyzing/portraying data
• Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration skills
• Knowledge of Tableau, SAS, R, Python, Hadoop, Spotfire, Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
• Possesses high level initiative, ability to multi-task, and is passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets
• Designs advanced analytics optimizations, simulations, predictive and prescriptive analytics
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to communicate across multiple functions and levels
• 5+ years' experience in data collection, mining, analysis and deploying the results of the analysis
• Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Healthcare experience preferred but not necessary
• Some travel may be required
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.