Registered Nurse (RN) - Veteran's Welcome
- Sep 08, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
This is a Full-time, Monday through Friday, day-shift position. We are seeking a registered nurse (RN) with dialysis, interventional radiology, cardiac cath lab, special procedures, operating room, med/surg or critical care experience to join our vascular clinical team.
We invite you to contact us in regard to a position as a Registered Nurse at the Vascular Center of Wichita Nephrology located at 2630 N. Webb Road, Building 100, Suite 200, Wichita, KS 67226.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing high-quality nursing care to patients undergoing vascular access procedures under conscious sedation. In this role, you will gather pretreatment patient data, monitor patient and medications during procedures, maintain prescription drug logs, and provide assistance to the vascular access team during pre- and post-procedure activity. As a member of our team, you will interact with patients, physicians and dialysis facilities as part of our community educational program, and also participate in other educational outreach initiatives.
- Provide ongoing patient information to the interventionist and clinical team during procedures to deliver vascular access care to the patient including but not limited to cardiac monitoring, aldrete score, pain status - monitor patient vitals (HR, BP, O2Sat, EKG) during procedures
- Maintain radiation safety when C-Arm is in use in the procedure room
- Assist in procedure room preparation; maintain sterile techniques in the procedure room; assist with pre-and post-procedures including assessment of discharge
- Assist in recovery room patient care following vascular procedures
- Monitor and record use of all medications during procedures
- Gather patient clinical information prior to procedures including patient assessments and patient history
- Keep clear and accurate patient medical records
- Maintain up-to-date narcotic drug log
- Serve as surgical technologist during procedures as necessary
- Assist center manager in maintaining inventory count
- Communicate with dialysis facilities to monitor post-care as directed by center manager
- Observe all OSHA and radiation safety monitoring policies
- Assist in moving patients within the center
- Assist in scheduling patients as directed by the center manager
- Participate in access center community education programs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to: attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed; work in other centers as needed; know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures; know, understand, and comply with all Lifeline clinical and business policies and procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position