Licensed Clinical Social Worker LCSW - Veteran's Welcome
- Sep 08, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
We are at a pivotal point in our journey and we need a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)!
DaVita is expanding our care management services to include Behavioral Health and piloting a new model for the Village. The Life Care Specialist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will be a part of our new & growing VillageHealth End Stage Renal Disease Seamless Care Organization (ESCO) Care Management team in the greater Philadelphia area.
This strategically vital Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will not only be involved in patient care, but will also work closely with leadership in evolving the role and developing and testing new tools and approaches to better meet the needs of our patients requiring additional social support and mental health services.
Our vision is for this role to help pave the way for scaling behavioral health across the village. If you have a passion for patient care and for innovation, come help us revolutionize healthcare as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)!
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Life Care Specialist must be able to work successfully with a multi-disciplinary team, comprised of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, care coordinators, and clinic social workers. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will have minimal supervision, working with patients and their families to maximize the psychosocial functioning and adjustment to living with chronic illness as described below.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will initially focus on helping patients navigate and access social services and provide social work case management. Over time, the Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will evolve to include mental health assessment and in-center based treatment. The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive:
Social Services Navigation:
- Social needs assessment
- Provides information for resources in the community, including: private, state, and federal agencies based on psychosocial needs (e.g. financial programs, medication assistance programs, vocational rehabilitation programs, transportation resources, mental health, and home health agencies)
- Build and maintain list of community mental health agencies, and engage
- Patient case management (chronic disease)
- Patient education & counseling
- Motivational Interviewing
- Collaboration with Treatment Team: physician rounds, interdisciplinary team meetings, quality team meetings etc.
- Engaging with external mental health agencies
- Discussions with caregivers / family
Mental Health Assessment:
- Completes bio-psychosocial & mental health assessments and creates treatment plan
- Ongoing monitoring and revision of treatment plan and/or connect to outside agencies as needed
Mental Health Treatment
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Adjustment counseling, Family therapy, Various Therapeutic techniques
- Focus on depression, anxiety, short, solution-focused tx.
- Additional intervention time spent with difficult to engage patients
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.