Financial Reporting Supervisor
- Costa Mesa,CA
- Sep 08, 2017
- Insurance : General Insurance
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking a Financial Reporting Supervisor in our Costa Mesa, CA location.
• Supervise a team of up to seven accountants and specialists in the day-to-day general ledger operations of the Missouri, Alabama, and Virginia markets.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the monthly internal financial statements and reviewing all monthly journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations for the three markets.
• Monthly expense and revenue analysis, quarterly cost allocation studies and special projects as needed.
• Ensure that accounting standards and practices are met and department policies and procedures are documented and followed.
• Improve accuracy and effectiveness of processes by automating and/or improving process design.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• Must have at least five years accounting experience
• CPA or CPA candidate is preferred, not required
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Proven increase in responsibility in prior positions
• Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP
• Ability to lead, train and develop team members
• Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills a must
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advance knowledge of Excel
• Oracle and/or Hyperion HFM experience a plus
• Experience with Accounting System Administration a plus
• Willing to work additional hours to meet deadlines as needed.
Our comprehensive and employee centric training facility located in Costa Mesa provides training programs to help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development.
• Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
• Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
• Life Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• 401k Savings Plan
• Employee Discounts
• Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
"Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service."