Travel Agent Full-time (AAA Erie)
- Sep 09, 2017
- Marketing/Advertising : Advertising Sales
AAA is a strong and vibrant member service organization, providing automotive, travel, insurance and financial products/services to millions of members for more than 100 years. AAA's reputation and stability, along with new and exciting innovations, attract dedicated individuals with the talent, drive, technical and customer service skills needed to grow and expand our membership.
We currently have a full-time Travel Agent opportunity available in our Erie Branch Office located at 6660 Peach Street in Erie for individuals who understand the meaning of Providing Legendary Customer Service and are committed to creating Members for Life!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve sales goals by proactively promoting, selling, and securing reservations for domestic and international leisure travel services including travel by air, bus, rail or ship, package tours, car rentals, hotel, and travel insurance;
- Utilize GDS to research and secure reservations; also use preferred vendor websites and other supporting web based systems and functions;
- Maintain travel documents, invoices, and client files in accordance with AAA standards;
- Plan travel itineraries;
- Process requests for travel literature and brochures;
- Maintain knowledge of evolving travel industry, technology, and AAA policies, procedures, products and services
Qualified individuals, will have:
- Travel school OR minimum of one year Travel Agent work experience. Previous travel industry experience, such as airline customer service, or extensive personal travel and planning experiences may be a plus;
- Above average knowledge of U.S. and international geography;
- Experience with an automated reservation system. Apollo experience preferred;
- Strong PC & internet skills;
- Sales oriented self-starter;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- The availability to work within the posted office hours.
We offer full-time employees an outstanding benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage; life insurance and disability coverage; FREE AAA Plus membership; paid time off (vacation, personal, holidays and sick days); and a 401(k) with a generous match.
Our collaborative work environment is focused on creating a Legendary Customer Service experience--one which will take us through our second century of fulfilling our members needs whenever and however we can.