Associate Fulfillment Pharmacy Clerk - 1st Shift - Overland Park, KS - Veteran's Welcome
- Overland Park,KS
- Sep 09, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Apply today to start on your new career path in healthcare with Optum Rx. The growth we are experiencing continues to provide new career opportunities that you can be part of. OptumRx is one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide.
We are leading the way in creating change that improves the lives of our customers. You have the desire, the drive, and the dedication to be a part of that change, now you just need the opportunity. OptumRx is committed to making a difference in the lives of those prescription members by gathering the data and analyzing the impact on our customers. This is a great place to start in building a career focused on making an impact in healthcare and the lives of others. This is a great place to start doing your life's best work.
Working in a state - of - the - art pharmacy distribution center, the Associate Fulfillment Pharmacy Clerk is responsible for the proper packing and shipping of home delivery prescriptions for our members to insure contents arrive safely and on-time.
Our office is located at 6860 W 115TH ST, OVERLAND PARK, KS 66211.
- Uses multiple computer systems to obtain pharmacy orders, compares to order received and produces mailing labels
- Utilizes best method for product packing and shipping based on standard procedures to include type of packaging, unique conditions (i.e. refrigeration), etc. to insure safe and secure delivery of patient's prescription order.
- Prepares manual prescription orders by verifying information, pulls appropriate drugs from inventory, completes necessary scanning and packages as necessary
- Communicates with other team members when questions arise on orders to insure accuracy, quality and on - time delivery are maintained
- Responsible for maintaining various machines and equipment (e.g. IPD machines, auto packing machines) to include routine maintenance, re - calibration and resolving mechanical problems
- High School Diploma / GED or 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated ability in using a computer and Windows PC applications, which includes keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete Pharmacy Operations training and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- This position is full - time (40 hours / week) with current hours of operation are (Monday - Friday 4:30 AM - 3:00 PM). Must be available to work shift during these hours and OT on Saturday as needed by business.
- 1+ years of prior experience in shipping / receiving
There are several steps in our hiring process - it's a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today's ultra - competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application / job questions). Once you submit your resume, you'll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an online pre - screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via email.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk