RN Manager - Urgent Care Siena Heights / Southwest Medical ($5,000 sign-on bonus) Las Vegas, NV - Veteran's Welcome
- Las Vegas,NV
- Sep 09, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E - visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The RN Urgent Care Manager will provide operational direction to team members, provide and monitor quality patient care, in a critical care environment. Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to create excitement within team environment. Ability to be flexible, available on weekends and after hours as needed. Understanding of complexities of healthcare, and system case management experience a plus. Ability to connect team environment. Knowledge of best practices in customer service and patient care. Knowledge of and experience in responding to regulatory standards. Able to perform clinical skills of assessment, invasive processes and emergency care. Ability to manage and function in a fast - paced environment. Must be willing to mentor all levels of staff, to grow and foster professional development.
- Facilitates excellent customer satisfaction while achieving team and division specific financial goals
- Supports the Urgent Care team by providing leadership and promoting collaboration with internal and external team members
- Ensures standards of care are implemented and compliance with all state and federal regulations, standards of practice, and company policies and procedures
- Responsible for the operation of the Urgent Care, and works with supervisors and Team Leads
- Manages and is accountable for professional employees and / or supervisors
- Current, unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- 3+ years relevant nursing experience required, preferably in an acute care setting i.e. ICU, ER or Urgent Care)
- 3+ years progressive supervisor or management experience (will also consider charge nurse or shift supervisor experience) in healthcare
- BLS / ACLS
- PALS (or willing to obtain upon hire)
- Experienced in Triage with advanced Telemetry interpretation skills
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft programs
- Proficient in charting in EMR
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and perform these functions on a daily basis; sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, twisting and reaching
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: ER RN, ED RN, RN Supervisor, Urgent Care, Quick Care, Convenient Care, Observation Unit, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada