Senior Pharmacy Pricing Consultant - Irvine, CA or Eden Prairie, MN - Veteran's Welcome
- Eden Prairie,MN
- Sep 09, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Network Pricing Consultant within OptumRx supports and validates network pharmacy benefits pricing. As a Senior Network Pricing Consultant, you will lead and perform financial analysis and modeling as it relates to setting prescription drug prices that determine pharmacy reimbursement and client drug spend. OptumRx serves a diverse client base including Medicare, Commercial and Medicaid clients. Senior Network Pricing Consultants conduct unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies. Responsibilities also include managing unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models. In this capacity, you may also be responsible for communicating and consulting with Clients directly and overseeing/delegating analytical tasks to staff.
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participate in the development of business strategy
- Develop and manage business plans to achieve objectives
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- May have segment-wide impact
- Direct cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams
- May oversee work activities of other employees
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, healthcare pricing, network management, healthcare economics, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools including experience in interpreting and reviewing financial modeling results to evaluate
- Expert proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management, and data manipulation
- Expert proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience delegating analytical tasks to junior staff and/or mentoring/supervising the analytics of junior staff members
- Post-graduate degree
- Experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Healthcare or PBM experience
- Experience with Big data
- Proficiency in SAS, SQL and/or Tableau
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: finance, financial analysis, financial modeling, Excel, data analytics, SAS, SQL, big data, pharmacy, prescription drugs, healthcare, Irvine CA, Eden Prairie, MN, California, Minnesota