Fulfillment Pharmacy Technician - 1st Shift - Overland Park, KS - Veteran's Welcome
- Overland Park,KS
- Sep 09, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum -a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance. Be part of our next training class by applying today! OptumRx consists of smart, motivated teams with great chemistry so join us and take the first steps towards your new career.
OptumRx is one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide.
We are leading the way in creating change that improves the lives of our customers. You have the desire, the drive, and the dedication to be a part of that change, now you just need the opportunity.
OptumRx is committed to making a difference in the lives of those prescription members by gathering the data and analyzing the impact on our customers. This is a great place to start in building a career focused on making an impact in healthcare and the lives of others. This is a great place to start doing your life's best work.
The Fulfillment Pharmacy Technician is responsible for ensuring the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions by reviewing approved computer orders and monitoring shipments or completing the actual disbursement. This includes maintaining proper inventory and storage of drug by filling dispensing units and monitoring and adjusting pharmacy equipment.
- Navigates across multiple computer systems to review and confirm prescriptions orders and information ensuring that automated fulfillment is correct
- Manually dispenses orals, liquid medications and medical supplies according to standard procedures and protocols
- Maintain dispensing units ensuring they are filled with correct products, returns products that are no longer valid due to recalls, supply issues, etc.
- May process, pack or ship pharmacy orders to include the counting and dispensing of medications, accurate labeling and packing in appropriate manner for shipment within the required time frames
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- Continued employment is contingent upon successful State Pharmacy Technician Licensing and Registration within 30 days of hire
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- All new hires will be required to successful complete Pharmacy Operations training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation 4:30am-3pm Monday-Friday including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and / or weekends, as needed
- 1+ years of pharmacy / prescription experience
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk