Travel Post-Anesthesia Care Unit - PACU Nurse - (PACU RN)
- Sep 09, 2017
- Healthcare : Registered Nurse (RN)
13107214 Job Description & Requirements
Post-Anesthesia Care Unit - PACU Nurse - (PACU RN)
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: 8 D Pay Rate: $22.00 - 25.00
This position presents an opportunity to join a highly regarded team of passionate physicians and nurses within the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). The candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work in an innovative, positive, and professionally challenging work environment at this top-ranked facility.
- Lincoln Surgery Center performs a broad range of outpatient and short stay surgical procedures. Specialties include colon & rectal surgery, ophthalmology, oral & maxillofacial surgery, orthopedics, otolaryngology (ENT), pain management, podiatary, retina, and urology.
The role of the post-anesthesia care unit nurse (PACU nurse) is to provide care for post-operative patients recovering from anesthesia, including general, regional, and local. The PACU RN treats inpatients and outpatients according to their needs, monitoring their vital signs to determine necessary care. (Postoperative nausea is a commonly treated symptom.) Due to the possibility of rapid changes in a patient’s physiological condition, PACU RNs are required to administer diligent care via monitoring, assessment, intervention, and continuous reassessment.
- Current CO or Compact license
- Online pre-submission testing
Recently Parker has become a town for commuters who want to go into Denver's Metropolitan area. An interesting trail called Cherry Creek Trail runs north and south through Parker. Many use the trail for bicycling, hiking, nature walks, and even cross-country skiing. There is a reservoir located southwest of the town; although it is not yet open for recreational use, but when it is it will include fishing and non-motorized boating.
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
- Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
- Medical plans with dental and vision
- Complimentary, high-quality private housing
- 401(k) and flex spending options
- Life insurance
- Accident and short-term disability coverage
- Free continuing education (CE) courses
- Travel allowances
- Guaranteed pay program
- Tuition discount program
- Referral bonuses
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation's top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
Post anesthesia care unit nurse, PACU, PACU nurse, post anesthesia, post-operative, anesthesia, PACU RN, nursing, nurses, registered nurse, RN, R.N., medical, hospital, patient care, healthcare, health care