Travel Registered Nurse - First Assistant - (RNFA - Operating Room)
- Fort Wayne,IN
- Sep 09, 2017
- Healthcare : Registered Nurse (RN)
13129240 Job Description & Requirements
Registered Nurse - First Assistant - (RNFA - Operating Room)
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: 12 D Pay Rate: $30.00 - 32.00
- 396 bed tertiary care facility located in Indiana's second-largest city. Fort Wayne is a three-time All American City Award winner, consistently cited for high quality of life, low cost of living and warm Hoosier Hospitality.
- Build your resume at our Level 2 Adult & Pediatric Trauma center, northern Indiana's only heart and kidney transplant programs, an accredited bariatric surgery center, an accredited and commended community hospital cancer care program and a certified primary stroke center.
A registered nurse first assistant (RNFA) is an advanced practice nurse who specializes in the Operating Room environment. A registered nurse first assistant (RNFA) manages preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative duties. These duties include: patient history, patient assessment, patient positioning, intraoperatively practices at the direction of the surgeon, providing treatment for wound exposure, collaborating with surgeon and other professionals for the best surgical outcome, skin preparation, draping, handling tissue, controlling blood loss, suturing tissue, and performing follow-up treatment/care. To qualify as an RNFA, a nurse RN must have at least two years of professional nursing experience within the operating room environment and have achieved the credential of CNOR (Certified Perioperative Nurse), or possess an advanced practice degree.
- Minimum of 2 years recent First Assist experience
Need CV experience
- Current IN license preferred
Fort Wayne is a midwestern city that's chock full of cultural and entertainment options. The city boasts plenty of annual festivals that residents and visitors flock to by the hundreds. BBQ Ribfest, Greek Fest, and the Three Rivers Festival are just a few of these vibrant events. The John and Ruth Rhinehart Music Center provides Fort Wayne residents with a bevy of performing arts related events every month, while the Fort Wayne MoMA specializes in showing the best of contemporary American visual art. Recently voted "Best Place in the Country for Minor League Sports," Fort Wayne offers the sports enthusiast something to love as well.
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
- Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
- Medical plans with dental and vision
- Complimentary, high-quality private housing
- 401(k) and flex spending options
- Life insurance
- Accident and short-term disability coverage
- Free continuing education (CE) courses
- Travel allowances
- Guaranteed pay program
- Tuition discount program
- Referral bonuses
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation's top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
rnfa, registered nurse first assistant, rnfa operating room, intraoperative, preoperative, postoperative, nurse practitioner, NP, NP RN, registered nurse, master's, APRN, healthcare, health care, hospital, patient care, nurse practitioner, NP