Drivers / General Laborer & Movers
- Sep 09, 2017
- Government : Military
Now hiring full-time and part-time movers and drivers! Apply now to join our growing team of "Move Heroes"
Pay range: $10.00 - $12.00 per hour to start + tips and opportunity for pay increases!
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Springfield is now hiring movers/drivers! Launch your career as a mover/driver and discover the opportunities for growth into an office position, management or movement to other franchises. We proudly boast that over 75% of our managers have been promoted from frontline positions .At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® your opportunities for growth are endless. It's not just a job, it's a career!
As a mover/driver, you will have a partner and together provide a world class customer service experience in the handling of each customer's possessions. This position provides a unique opportunity for those looking to combine their customer service talents along with skills obtained from previous experience working in general labor positions such as; truck driving, landscaping, construction or warehouse labor.
WHAT WE OFFER IN SPRINGFIELD
- Drivers start at $12.00/hour
- Movers start at $10.00/hour
- Earn tips from customers - average of $100-$150+ per week
- Pay increase opportunity after 60 days
- Monthly bonus program
- 401k program
- Weekly paychecks
- Flexible schedules - full-time, part-time and seasonal available
- Paid time off - vacation time + paid Holidays
- Provide exceptional customer service as you safely move, pack and unpack customer belongings (driver laborers & movers)
- Greet customer upon arriving at the specified location and complete a walk-through of the premise (driver laborers & movers)
- Communicate professionally in English, both verbally and in writing; comfortably interface with customer (driver laborers & movers)
- Perform truck inspections and moving equipment inventory (driver laborers only)
- Accurately completing paperwork and payment collection (driver laborers only)
- Drive 26 ft moving truck (driver laborers only)
We train for these positions, however, experience in warehouse work, construction, or other general labor positions is helpful!
- Must have a valid driver's license AND less than 3 tickets in the last 3 years
- Must be 21 years or older
MOVER & DRIVER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid class E driver's license and good driving record
- Must be 21 years or older to qualify for driver position
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment background check and drug screening
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Stamina to lift heavy items (100 lbs or more) repeatedly while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Experience in the fields of general labor, truck driving, landscaping, construction, material handler or warehouse labor helpful
- Good hand-eye coordination