Provide technical support to incoming customer calls for MR, triage the call through attempting remote diagnosis and/or telephone repair directly with customer.
- If remote diagnosis/repair is not possible, triage customer call for appropriate routing of customer's request dispatching to field based resources.
- Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will create notifications for incoming customer calls, utilize real time task management for documentation of work performed. During the service request
clarification, TSE will concisely document current problem description. If request is to be routed for dispatch, TSE shall provide recommended action plan in notification if possible.
- Utilize remote diagnostics in assisting Customers with resolving equipment issues.
- Actively participate in the periodic review of equipment logs received via SRS when available.
- Execution of escalation processes.
- On-site repair of customer equipment as required.
- Work on-call/stand-by or travel out of the assigned area as scheduled by the Operations Manager in order to meet obligations of customer contracts and to respond to emergencies.
To qualify, you should have at least a high school diploma; technical Associate's Degree or equivalent experience preferred. Must have experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment. 5+ years field service experience is needed, as well as demonstrated customer relations skills. Background with MR equipment needed. Must be proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment.
**MUST BE WILLING TO BE ON CALL AND WORK ROTATING SATURDAYS
Participates in routine product support to customers remotely or on-site Participates in disseminating product knowledge. Provides support in recommending products for customers with routine product needs to product design group. Assists with the coordination of new product introductions as they relate to product support.
Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates a basic knowledge of a technical or specialty area. Generally, up to 2 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
**Relocation may be an option for a candidate who meets all qualifications**
Key Working Relationships:
Contacts are primarily with immediate manager and others in the group.