3rd Shift Batch Maker
- Sep 09, 2017
- Government : Military
Want to start a career in Batch Making? What's Batch Making, you may ask. It's as simple as following a recipe, but no we're not talking about cakes. Our Batch Makers are responsible for following instructions (similar to a recipe) to create our chemical products.
We're looking for you if you have an attention to detail, manufacturing experience preferred, any experience working with batches (even if not chemical), and a solid work history. Come join one of the leading companies in the industry. Come to AkzoNobel!
The Batch Maker will have the following responsibilities:
- Following a work order to mix appropriate raw materials to make our product
- Performing the process through the operation of various pieces of manufacturing equipment, such as scales, Dynomills, HSD's pumping equipment, etc. This also includes some computerized equipment.
- Ensuring high quality by checking batch requirements against materials used and/or equipment designated so that waste is minimal and effectiveness of operation is achieved.
- Physical manipulation with proper equipment is needed to access materials.
- Performing safety and housekeeping aspects of the job by following all safety rules, wearing required safety equipment, locking out equipment as required, cleaning up work areas during and at completion of tasks in accordance with 5S, maintaining all work stations and tools in an orderly and clean fashion. This enables new employees to become knowledgeable of all practices and procedures and to operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assisting in the training of new employees by demonstrating the proper procedures required to operate equipment, monitoring progress made and advising Production Supervisor or Team Leader of specific performance problems so additional training can be given.
- Other duties as required.
High school education or GED.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably with batch making processes. Chemical industries highly preferred.
- Basic reading and math skills required.
- Must receive on the job training by another qualified technician or supervisor before performing any of the above duties unsupervised.
- Qualified candidates must be dependable with good attendance.
- Good writing and communication skills are required.
- Must possess a strong work history and attendance record.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and have a record of good job
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)