Maintenance Technician Control
- Sep 09, 2017
- Government : Military
Responsible for maintaining and upgrading process computer and instrumentation systems to assure maximum equipment up time and efficiency. These control systems include (but not limited to) Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC'S), Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and process computers
• Responsible for maintaining dossiers on all process control systems
• Responsible for meeting all requirements specified in engineering procedures related to electrical safety, critical instrument protective systems, and programmable electronic systems.
• Assists the department in meeting all requirements of the electrical and instrumentation sections of Process Safety Management.
• Assists mechanics with electrical troubleshooting questions.
• Provides electrical, computer and instrument troubleshooting for the location.
• Repair and perform preventative maintenance on belts, piping, filters, mixers, valves, bearings, mechanical seals and pumps.
• Troubleshooting and proof testing of equipment as necessary to solve problems and pro-actively prevent them.
• Technical requirements include a solid electrical background to include PLC ladder logic troubleshooting, 480 volt 3 phase, maintenance of power systems through standard instrumentation. 4 - 20 milliamp current loops.
• Ability to install, test and maintain control devices, pressure-sensing units, and flow measuring devices.
• Install, calibrate, test, troubleshoot and repair Allen Bradley PLC's, ABB Controllers, and install, test and maintain process motor control systems.
• Ability to work from detailed technical documents, blueprints, schematics etc.
• Basic welding and fabrication skills
• Basic understanding of HVAC, boiler systems, compressed air systems and basic pipe fitting.
Responsible for performing job duties associated with maintaining, repairing and improving manufacturing equipment and plant utility systems and has s daily formal and informal contact with the Engineering Manager regarding the status of the location's process control systems.
Responsible for documentation, maintenance and programming of all the process control systems and will coordinate support for the process control systems at the location. Assists in electrical and instrumentation trouble shooting, as well as assisting with computer, electrical and instrument related capital projects for the location.
The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the dossiers on the location's process control systems. These dossiers contain design documentation as well as program and data backup. Assists the Engineering Manager in meeting Process Safety, electrical and instrumentation requirements and assists in the support of software and hardware for the computerized Maintenance System. Will perform other maintenance functions as directed and requested.
• Software and Hardware for control systems such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), and process computers
5-8 years' experience with industrial manufacturing process control systems and/or a degree in Computer Electrical Electronics.
o Preference is to have Class A Maintenance Mechanic/Controlled Systems
• Must have experience with programming and trouble-shooting DCS/PLC logic in a manufacturing environment.
• Must have the ability to identify problems with the process control systems to make repairs in-house or obtain the necessary outside help to correct the problem.
• Proven experience using basic hand tools and power hand tools; as well as an ability to present continuing recommendations for plant and process improvement.
• Ability to read, interpret and understand technical documents and drawings of plant equipment.
• Ability to work independently
• Position will require ability to perform confined space entry, work at heights, lifting and manual labor.
• Basic PC skills and ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel software.
• High School degree or equivalent
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)