- Sep 09, 2017
- Government : Military
Assemble, test, maintain, install and/or remove branch circuitry providing power to highly critical client equipment. Document and report anomalies, job progress, risks and hazards. Regular, predictable attendance is essential for satisfactory performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates initiative to learn and understand electrical and power system tasks in accordance with company and NEC standards.
- Leads a crew effectively and efficiently.
- Drills, cuts and installs data room floor tiles.
- Measures, cuts and installs all thread.
- Measures, cuts, bends and installs conduit.
- Measures, cuts and installs unistrut.
- Drills concrete and installs wedge anchors.
- Pulls whips under raised data floor.
- Terminates conductors on receptacles.
- Vacuums all debris above and under floor.
- Cleans all work and fabrication areas.
- Cuts MC cable and seals tight conduits.
- Bolts down racks.
- Cuts and drills cans/gutters.
- Assembles gutters.
- Assembles bell boxes.
- Pulls wire in conduit.
- Labels racks, receptacles, floor brushes, nipples, PDUs and whips.
- Retrieves tools and materials.
- Crimps on ground lugs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Manages stress in a fast-paced environment effectively.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.Must be able to take direction from others.
- Willing to work hard and learn the electrical trade.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Able to work extended hours on short notice.
- Able to work effectively from written direction.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be recognized by the state where working as a General Journeyman Electrician or a Master Electrician.
- Must take the appropriate classes to maintain a valid Journeyman or Master Certification.
- Minimum of 5 years in commercial electrical environment.