- Virginia Beach,VA
- Sep 09, 2017
- Government : Military
Disaster Relief - Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing International (OBI) is dedicated to alleviating human need and suffering in the United States and around the world. Through core programs of disaster relief, medical aid, hunger relief, orphan care, water wells and community development, OBI has touched the lives of more than 200 million people providing goods and services valued at over $1 billion.
OBI is seeking a Deployment Manager to provide leadership and management for field staff and operations during disasters. They also will assist with the development of programs and manage new projects within disaster relief team.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Working knowledge of disaster relief deployment logistics and protocols.
• Strong working knowledge of demolition and re-construction
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
• Excellent logistical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Extreme Attention to Detail
• Excellent public speaking skills
• Strong ability to lead, train and motivate others
• Must be a self-starter with ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced, high-pressure, stressful with limited resources and "uncomfortable" environments
• Ability to operate heavy equipment (skid steers, cranes, etc.) and lift up to 60 lbs.
• Must be able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
• Ability to travel on short notice for extended periods of time.
• Strong technical ability or ability to learn technology
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• Valid driver's license and excellent driving record
• CDL Class A (Preferred)
• General Contractor Experience of License (Preferred)
If you meet the listed qualifications, and are in agreement with OBI's mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting www.ob.org. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.