Global Clinical Buyer
- Sep 09, 2017
- Government : Military
Job Title: Global Clinical Buyer (7330061)
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Client: A Big Pharmaceutical Company
- This position supports the local and global clinical procurement buying and is responsible for analysing, developing and challenging aspects of new and ongoing clinical services.
- The position works closely with clinical operations and other business partners to assess and manage all outsourcing needs in support of Phase I through Phase IV studies.
- Implements and ensures alignment with the global strategy defined by the Global Lead Buyers at the project level
- Work closely with the DPL/Head of Global Clinical Buyers to align the strategy with the specificities of the therapeutic area/functional strategy
- Apply the best strategies for specific project(s) and/or critical purchasing activities in compliance with approved vendors
- Lead and conduct RFP process with business partner support
- Administers procurement activities, including selecting sources of supply, approving purchase orders, managing relationships with suppliers/negotiating terms of contracts while ensuring compliance standards.
- Negotiates and challenges suppliers to be as cost effective as possible, ensure minimal risk to the company while reducing overall cost to the company and alleviating business risk.
- Ensures the procurement of company materials and supplies, services and investments at the best market conditions for his/her perimeter
- Responsible for evaluating alternative solutions suggested by new suppliers aimed at the improvement of procurement.
- Manage, ad hoc, specific project(s) and/or critical activities related to the procurement function.
- Ensure appropriate reporting/documentation inspection readiness, compliance and procurement performance
- Clinical Spend Category is a very complex one, with over 20 HACATs (categories of spend).
- It is global in nature. Primary customers are the R&D and CSO. The nature of this spend category is volatile, with the need to manage definition of needs, changes mid-services, regulatory constraints and high level of compliance. Fundamental understanding of clinical development process is needed to succeed in this position; however, this can be learned on the job.
- Requirements for Education / Experience
- BS/BA or international university degree required, Degree in science, engineering, economics, sales or business related fields
Experience / Skills Desired
- Strong verbal and written ability with the English language
- Clinical operations or development, Project management, Procurement or other relevant work experience (2-7 years in healthcare, vaccines, pharmaceuticals experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Masters or MBA degree preferred but not mandatory.
- Clinical and/or pharmaceutical Research & Development understanding
- Negotiation skills and experience
- Ability to influence, drive change, and be extremely diplomatic, demonstrated competencies in problem solving.
- Proven ability to deliver results with cross-functional teams
- Global mindset and intercultural awareness
- Support requestors to format their requirements, ensure adequate work scope and clarity for suppliers' comprehension to ease outsourcing process forecast the cost to support the establishment of the budgets
- Provide suppliers market analysis
- Assess the market in order to identify other potential suppliers, if needed to learn, comprehend and utilize procurement principles including finance and legal terms.
- Selects and recommend a subset of potential suppliers to satisfy the requirements competitiveness, delivery, regulatory compliance to ensure a proper competitive leverage define and manage a negotiation plan
Interested candidates can share their most updated resume at email@example.com or reach out to me at 973-295-4583