Mobile Application Developer
- Sep 09, 2017
- Government : Military
The Mobile Application Developer works as part of a team to develop and maintain mobile applications for use in the franchise system.
Duties/Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for application, front end and user interface design and coding, implementation and administration.
- Focused on applications for mobile platforms (tablets, smart phones)
- Performs key portions of the system development lifecycle including designing, coding, testing, documenting, installing, and maintaining custom applications
- Development activities include new development, program enhancement and program maintenance activities.
- Completes business requirements, develops design documentation and works with team members and business units to complete development as designed and approved
- Contributes to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities
- Performs proactive evaluations of performance and makes recommendations for improvement;
- Alerts colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities
- Efficiently and effectively perform the technical requirements to support problem resolution activities within the Technology Team
- Prioritize requests effectively and efficiently and work with a sense of urgency
Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience
- 1+ years mobile application development experience
- Experience with mobile devices such as tablets and cellular phones
- Experience in Android's native development language of Java and/or iOS' native development language of Objective C/Swift.
- Experience with the following:
- Android Studio and/or Xcode IDE
- Material Design
- TFS (Git Repository) or equivalent
- Agile / Scrum Framework
- Knowledge/Experience in .NET (C#) is a bonus
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
- Strong understanding of structured programming methods and data normalization concepts
- Strong understanding of object oriented languages and development methods
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Project professionalism, enthusiasm, and a "can do" attitude
- Knowledge of the software support life cycle
- Knowledge of software quality control life cycle
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Ability to manage projects using project planning tools and effective communication
- Must work with a significant attention to detail and thoroughness
- Excellent organizational skills; must be able to multi-task under time constraints, prioritize and respond quickly to a fast-paced/"constant improvement" environment
- Ability to work together as a team with team members, vendors and contractors
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Travel is generally not required.