Franchise Marketing Specialist
- Sep 09, 2017
- Government : Military
The franchise marketing specialist serves as a liaison between the Home Office marketing team and franchisee and franchise staff in order to maximize local marketing efforts and franchise marketing dollars. Ongoing and positive communication with the franchise system and other Home Office departments is critical to this role.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Promote and assist in planning and executing local franchise marketing solutions supporting playbook and tactics including PPC, local direct mail, awareness advertising (TV, radio, digital display or billboard), social media, grassroots marketing and other local marketing and advertising tactics
- Promote best practices on marketing spends and staffing to support location growth objectives.
- Interact with marketing team members to gain basic knowledge of each subject matter expert's area of expertise; proactively develop job aids and other internal support materials to achieve knowledge level sufficient to assist with most franchise questions and inquiries (some requests will still require elevation to SME)
- Serve as first point of contact for franchise contact into the Home Office marketing department
- Connect franchise staff with marketing team subject matter experts, as applicable; develop internal communications as appropriate
- Collect, review and offer feedback on annual franchise marketing plans, quarterly marketing performance scorecards and ensure compliance with plan throughout year
- Provide ongoing consultation with franchisees regarding local advertising initiatives and spending; develop written training and support materials including Quick Fact reference one-pagers as applicable.
- Proactively audit and track individual franchise engagement in Home Office marketing tools and revenue in accordance with Marketing Playbook recommendations, using established measurement tool (Marketing Performance Scorecard.
- Work with multi-unit locations to assess performance, revenue and compare peer group results.
- Consult with franchisees on social media activities
- Manage and enhance First Gear marketing activities: ensure franchisees planning to open new location have sufficient guidance, contact and support in pre-opening processes (website, PPC, social media, grassroots, etc.)
- Manage and enhance Second Gear marketing program: Analyze key metrics, and schedule and facilitate monthly marketing support calls accordingly for franchisees less than 12 months old
- Work with FBCs and all departments to identify and assist franchises in need of additional marketing support
- Coordinate franchise co-op activities including meetings, research and budgets
- Provide franchisee and franchise support staff training and education through Stick Men University® webinars, conference calls, workshops and one-to-one phone call and email contact
- Attend job related seminars/classes each year to keep up with new trends in the field
- Act as system grassroots expert; develop written materials for The Hub to assist franchises in enhanced grassroots marketing efforts and tracking
- Execute, track and follow-up on a specified minimum number of franchise contacts in given time period:
- First Gear: Phone or email contact with pre-opening franchises at least two times per month for three months prior to opening
- Second Gear: Phone or email contact with recently-opened (within past 12 months) franchises at least once per month
- Marketing spend requirement: Phone or email contact with any franchises tracking behind plan for minimum 2% marketing spend at least once per month starting July 1. Expect approximately 20 contacts per month starting in July, dwindling each month to a goal of zero by December 31
- Focused marketing efforts: Assist other marketing team members with any projects identified as a key focus; demonstrate flexibility and positive attitude in embracing sometimes quickly-changing priorities Respond to incoming requests: Respond to franchise requests, calls and emails within 24 hours.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communication, advertising, business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of two years' experience in sales or marketing is required. Experience in field marketing and/or sales support is preferred.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
- Understanding of marketing theory and process.
- Thorough understanding of marketing tactics and developing the appropriate marketing mix for a specific market.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in executing franchise-level grassroots marketing efforts
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Positive attitude including eager adaptability to quickly changing priorities; willingness to go "above and beyond" to ensure excellent service to franchisees and franchise-level employees; respectful and positive interaction with other Home Office employees; demonstration of positive attitude even under stressful or high-pressure situations
- Ability to multi-task; manage projects; provide prompt follow-up to franchises and other Home Office employees
- Ability to manage a platform-based content management system
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus among differing groups of people
- Ability to train others, and seek appropriate training as necessary
- Proactively identify and seek solutions to problems and challenges
- Computer inquisitive; Highly proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Clear understanding of Internet marketing including PPC, SEO, display advertising and social media
- High level of commitment to the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Core Values and Mission Statement
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Some travel is required.