Maintenance Manager at Nissan
- Sep 09, 2017
- Government : Military
Nissan is a global company driven by the accomplishments of our employees. We find pride in our continued commitment to diversity and an exciting lineup of vehicles. Simply put, we are at the intersection of people, transportation, and the environment which keeps us at the forefront of innovation. With over 3 million vehicles produced at our Canton manufacturing plant, the work is challenging, your success is recognized and you will feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of each day.
Develops, reviews, and tracks maintenance budgets. Develops maintenance strategies. Evaluates maintenance policies and procedures. Provides project coordination of equipment installation, debugging, and program launches. Supports manufacturing by ensuring equipment uptime improvement.
Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth
1. Oversees technical training requirements. Assists in developing pre-act budgets and project details.
2. Monitors and tracks equipment uptime. Plans corrective action on downtime issues. Investigates and implements ways to improve overall equipment uptime.
3. Reviews and approves purchase requisitions. Determines, specifies, and approves major shop assets.
4. Manages new equipment installations and existing equipment modifications and upgrades, including production assist devices, process control systems, and machine/operator interfaces.
5. Reviews and approves expense reports, petty cash requests, gate passes, office supply forms, educational assistance requests, safety glass requests, and safety key requests.
6. Oversee spare parts programs and new model programs.
7. Develops project schedules and provides project coordination for equipment specification, training, shipping, installation, debug, and program launch.
8. Monitors safety performance and facilitates implementation of action to improve safety performance. Proactive in identifying and addressing safety concerns before an accident occurs.
9. Management Accountabilities: Has nonexempt through journey-level exempt subordinates or contractors. Supervises and provides leadership, coaching, guidance, training and staff development; interviews and selects unit employees; plans and evaluates employee performance; recommends merit increases, transfers and promotions; counsels and disciplines employees as necessary; recommends termination when appropriate; and monitors time and attendance of subordinates.
10. As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
Manages contract service groups consisting of conveyor, lubrication, electrical, cleaning, and chemical treatment. Ensures control of cost and quality of service.
- Job Knowledge and Skill: Understanding of the maintenance department functions, automated manufacturing equipment, plant operations, and quality control data system. Leadership, good communication and motivational skills, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Experience: Seven to ten years of related experience at a professional level.
- Supervisory Experience: Four or more years in a full supervisory role, providing leadership, coaching, guidance and training and contributing to staff development.
- Education: A related degree from a four-year college. Consider equivalent related college or technical courses, seminars and in-house classroom training. Completion of an apprenticeship program.
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to produce non-standard, creative products.
Travel: Infrequent day and overnight travel, including international travel.
We are proud to offer employees a benefit package that is designed to enhance your well-being and reward job performance. Some of these benefits include comprehensive healthcare coverage, paid holidays, paid vacation time, 401(K), vehicle lease/purchase programs, and more.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Put yourself in the driver's seat and apply today.
All of us at Nissan - regardless of functional area or expertise - share a passion to design, manufacture and sell high-performance, fun to drive vehicles. Nissan is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all. Applicants will be considered for all positions regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.