Residential Counselor I (Full-Time 2nd Shift)- Worcester, MA
- Sep 09, 2017
- Government : Military
Veterans Inc., the largest provider of services to veterans and their families throughout New England, is looking for a professional, skilled, and hardworking individual to fill the Residential Counselor I position and become a valued member of the Veterans Inc. team!
This individual would be responsible for, but not limited to, assisting the Site Coordinator by providing the residential population and candidates for admission with oversight of day-to-day activities. This position assists with the health, safety and welfare of our resident clients in a manner that promotes growth, independence and dignity. Ensuring that residents comply with all rules and regulations in accordance with policy and procedure standards. Overseeing and assisting with the overall upkeep and maintenance of each facility. Responsible for the upkeep, cleanliness, and maintenance of all company vehicles.
This individual would be based out of the 69 Grove Street, Worcester, MA 01605 location. All duties would be performed throughout the designated territory's surrounding cities and towns within the state.
This is a full time position with full benefits (health, dental, vision, 403B, paid time off, short/long term disability and life insurance, etc.) The nonnegotiable hourly rate for this position is $14.75. The schedule is as follows, Monday through Friday 3:00pm to 11:00pm.
Must be able to pass a CORI and background investigation. Must be able to start within two weeks of receiving a verbal offer.
Veterans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and welcomed, on all levels within the organization!
- Provides safety and security for all residents, staff, visitors and Veterans Inc. property on site.
- Maintains building security by ensuring keys are properly locked up and by conducting accountability rounds while on shift. Maintains security of company vehicles.
- Maintains resident safety and confidentiality by utilizing the wand and checking all bags as residents enter the facility; administering breathalyzer to all clients every time they enter the program; administering random urine testing on clients and forwards incoming calls for residents to voicemail.
- Answers the telephone and directs all incoming calls to the appropriate staff member. Maintains knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments and informs supervisor of issues and concerns. Prepares and submits detailed report of all activities, incidents and emergencies that occur during shift. Check email for all communications and scheduling throughout shift.
- Assists with training staff as needed.
- Keeps Command Post and reception area clean and organized.
- Assists with the setup for any Agency events being held off or on site. Performs light janitorial and maintenance duties as required to include mopping, sweeping, trash pick- up, etc.
- Attends and participates in all Veterans Inc. and external meetings are required.
- Works a contributing member of the Veterans Inc. team.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with the clients, staff volunteers and visitors.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand, communicate and follow Veterans Inc. policies and procedures.
- Ability to work shifts as assigned, to include overtime as needed.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to changing situations, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Ability to resolve problems within scope of responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality standards.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively and professionally with veterans, staff, management, vendors and other referral sources as needed
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, staff, volunteers and visitors, both orally and in writing.
- Responsible for responding effectively to changing demands.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Valid driver's license with own personal, reliable transportation required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background records check and drug screening.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in security, residential or direct care services
- Associates degree or higher in Human Services or relevant field.
- College coursework or training in Psychology, Substance Abuse Treatment, Conflict Negotiation and Resolution
- 2-4 years of experience in security, residential services or substance abuse treatment setting highly valued.
- Concertation and critical thinking
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Verbal & Written communication
- Confidential interactions
- Critical Decision-making
- Vision Acuity to be able to see in the normal range with or without correction.
- Hearing Ability to hear within normal audio range, with or without correction.
- Driving: Frequency Occasionally; Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Fine manipulation and simple grasping with 1 or both hands: Frequency - Frequently
- Sitting: Frequency - Frequently
- Standing: Frequency Frequently
- Walking: Frequency Frequently
- Reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting and bending: Frequency Occasionally
- Lifting: up to 50 lbs., Frequency: Occasionally
- Carrying up to 50 , Frequency: Occasionally
- Office Setting: Frequency Frequently
- Outside: Frequency Occasionally
- Worker is not frequently exposed to hazards chemicals or environment.
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed nor considered!
If you need assistance completing an application please contact email@example.com. Emails regarding application status will not be returned.
No Recruiters Please!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.