Senior Clerk, Claims Legal
- Los Angeles,CA
- Sep 11, 2017
- Insurance : General Insurance
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
This position provides administrative support to the Claims Legal Department. Under general supervision, performs a variety of clerical duties, including photocopying, scanning and e-filing documents, new file set up, and breakdown of closed files and records.
• Receives, organizes, stores, locates and retrieves files and documents in filing cabinets.
• Maintains an orderly filing system, organizes and files documents in legal files.
• Performs data entry, and prepares standard forms and correspondence.
• Retrieves information and files as requested.
• May use a variety of computer applications to retrieve, compile, store and organize data.
• Index and distribute U.S. incoming and inter-office mail.
• Process/stamp outgoing U.S. mail and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
• High School Diploma and prior work in a law office preferred; or any combination of equivalent experience and training.
• Minimum of two to five years of related administrative support and/or legal experience to become familiar with accepted legal support and office organization practices.
• Requires minimum typing speed of 45 WPM corrected words per minute.
• Use of personal computer and other office equipment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook and ability to use provided computer technology to enhance the quality of work and programs.
• Able to compose, prepare, proofread and type correspondence.
• Knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures preferred but not required.
• Strong behavior competencies related to results orientation, customer service, continuous improvement, teamwork and collaboration and valuing diversity.
• Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background and drug screenings.
Our comprehensive and employee centric training facility located in Costa Mesa provides training programs to help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development.
• Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
• Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
• Life Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• 401k Savings Plan
• Employee Discounts
• Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
"Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service."
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.