Sr Technical Project Lead - ESD
- Sep 11, 2017
- Insurance : General Insurance
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
Purpose of Job:
- Work with the business teams and IT management to clarify and manage the scope of projects
- Ensure that work is prioritized by the business to ensure that project ROI is achieved
- Facilitate effective communication among project team members, operating areas/units and various levels of IT Management
- Identify, manage and communicate project risks and issues to ensure that Business and IT management are aware and are able to take steps to mitigate them
- Work with development managers / leads to assign work to project team members along and ensuring that project team members perform their assigned tasks
- Track projects activities / milestones including identifying the project's critical path items
- Ensure that project management and technical standards are followed, and makes suggestions for modifications to those standards as applicable
- Prepare and maintains and presents accurate project status reports
- Typically 7 to 10 years of IT experience (or equivalent experience working, as a business team member, on IT projects), 5 years' experience in project management.
- Experience working in an insurance industry preferred. Advanced leadership skills and expert project management skills.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude, committed to the success of the overall team.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation.
- Has real world experience in Agile methodology, primarily SCRUM. (CSM or equivalent preferred).
- Experience leading projects utilizing the Guidewire Insurance Suite (Policy Center, Billing Center & Claims Center) preferred.
• Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
• Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
• Life Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• 401k Savings Plan
• Employee Discounts
• Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
"Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service."
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.