- Sep 11, 2017
- Retail : General Retail
5000226724506 Are you looking to start a hands-on career? If you're ready to join a team who takes pride in meeting our customers' needs, then Sapp Bros is excited to speak with you! We are committed to Safety, Attitude, Pride, and Professionalism (SAPP), and we are currently seeking a Diesel Service Technician to join our team!
As a Diesel Service Technician, you will be the support system for the traveling public as well as local customers. We believe that great training is the foundation for exceptional performance, so let us help you succeed! Apply today!
As a Diesel Service Technician, you will be responsible for repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment which includes servicing, adjusting, and testing diesel trucks and trailers as assigned or instructed. You will also perform critical support functions once the needed maintenance has been determined.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Following established drain plug torque procedures
* Completing proper forms and work orders
* Maintaining filter room to ensure that inventory levels are met
* Installing Standard Auto Application tires and Over-The-Road truck and trailer tires
* Repairing split rims
* Performing oil changesAs a Diesel Service Technician, you will be required to identify problems and operate in a manner that guarantees customer needs are met in a timely and professional manner. You should be able to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution available.
Additional requirements of the Diesel Technician include:
* High school diploma or GED, preferred
* At least 16 years old
* 1 year of previous experience
* Employment reference check
* Legal eligibility for employment in the United States
* Willingness to undergo credit, criminal background, and employment reference checks
* ASE Certification, a plus
Benefits As a Diesel Technician on our team, we want to make sure you have the most complete benefits package available to you. Starting with your first day on the job, we will provide you with a comprehensive training program to help you be successful. You will also receive benefits such as fuel discounts, restaurant discounts, and more.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
*Health & Dental Insurance
*Education Assistance Program
*Gym Membership Reimbursement
*Payroll Direct Deposit
*Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
*Store & Restaurant Discounts
* Career Advancement-We promote from within!