Medical Collections Supervisor - Bakersfield, CA - Veteran's Welcome
- Sep 11, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Healthcare isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that's what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We're a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you're looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.
In the role of Medical Collections Supervisor, you will lead a team that is responsible for contacting and consulting with patients of family members regarding the payment of medical bills. Your role will include the selection and hiring of new team members, training of your team and insuring that all policies and procedures are being followed correctly. Balancing both customer and employee needs along with recovering payments is the key to being a successful supervisor / manager in this division.
- Coordinate, supervise and accountable for the daily / weekly / monthly activities of a team of 15 to 20 Medical Collections Representatives
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals for the team are achieved
- Coordinate work activities of team with other supervisors, managers, and departments
- Participate in the recruitment, training and staffing functions for the department to ensure the timely hiring of qualified new employees, that all employees are properly trained in all aspects of their roles and that staffing levels are adequate to meet the business demand
- Provide regular coaching and feedback to team members, including formal corrective action when needed as well as completing annual performance reviews
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise, and judgment
- Provide expertise and support for escalated calls and / or situations from both internal and external customers as needed
- Consistently provide practical / relevant recommendations for improvements to process or practices and participates in the implementation
- The candidates for this position must be able to work in a fast paced union environment and be able to implement process improvements in a constantly changing health care environment
- The candidate will need to be a positive role model to their teams and a advocate for employee engagement and quality measures
- This function is responsible for insurance premium collections
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 4+ years of Medical Billing or Collections experience as a member of the Revenue Cycle Team
- 3+ years of basic proficiency working with computers and Windows PC applications
- Customer Service experience in the Medical or Healthcare Industry
- The ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Proficient problem solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrating personal resilience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Supervisor Collections; Optum360, OptumInsight, Optum, medical, UHG, UHC, UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare