Sr. Patient Account Assistant Cash Applications - Rancho Cordova, CA - Veteran's Welcome
- RANCHO CORDOVA,CA
- Sep 11, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
- Hospital or patient accounting department functions, operations and procedures
- Operation of online computerized patient accounting systems and or electronic billing systems
- Accounting practices and procedures common to accounts receivable
- General clerical office practices and procedures
- This position is responsible for the clerical duties relating to the timely posting and reconciliation of patient account payments from Commercial insurance companies, some Government programs and individual patients.
- Typical duties include; retrieval of electronic payment data, review and interpretation of electronic and paper EOB's, verification of contractual write off amounts and data entry and balancing of payment data to patient accounts according to payer or program specifications; performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 3+ months of experience reading, understanding and interpreting Explanation of Benefits
- 3+ months of electronic cash posting experience and account reconciliation practices and procedures in a Hospital or Medical Office setting
- 1+ years of experience with accounting functions or knowledge
- Experience using and writing formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Managed Care industry
- 3+ months of hospital and / or physician - patient accounting department functions
- AS400, MedSeries 4 (MS4), MediTech systems experience
- Experience using Microsoft Word to read, edit, and save documents
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook for email and calendar management
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills i.e. Professional, clear and concise messaging both written and verbal. Communications will occur both internally and with external customers. Ideal applicants will know when to raise their hand for accountability of their work load.
- Must be willing to work and contribute in a team environment and flexible to change
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands and fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group; UHG, Optum360, Cash Posting, Patient Accounting, Managed Care, Medical Coding, MediTech