Social Worker - Continuing Care / Part-time
- Silver Spring,MD
- Sep 11, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
- Completes admission assessments for Continuing Care.
- Completes psychosocial assessments, MDS and other required documentation in accordance with department policy, and State and Federal regulations.
- Educates residents/family/staff about the importance of advance directives, and facilitates completion, signing, filing and tracking of such documents.
- Coordinates the Social Work function from admission through discharge, to include room changes, and transition planning when appropriate, in collaboration with staff.
- Provides psychosocial support to residents and families with emphasis on new residents to ensure successful adjustment to Continuing Care.
- Collaborates with Mental Health Providers and provides referrals.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary care/service plan meetings with family members.
- Prescribes psychosocial interventions for the team through care/service plans.
- Provides bereavement support to residents, family, and staff as appropriate.
- Participates in functions/meetings relating to resident or family needs in Continuing Care.
- Participates in support group activity; Resident and Family Councils as needed.
- Maintains and protects the confidentiality of resident information at all times.
- Performs all responsibilities with respect to residents rights.
- Enhances professional skills through continuing education, community in-services and other professional activity.
- Documents as needed and as appropriate, in compliance with regulations.
- Participates and attends various committee meetings as needed.
- Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures, adheres to universal precautions and all infection control guidelines.
- Attends required in-service, department and community meetings.
- Maintains working knowledge and ensures compliance of Federal, State and local regulations regarding long term care/assisted living/assisted care as well as professional standards and practice.
- May be required to carry a beeper during working hours and may rotate coverage during evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be available some evenings, weekends and holidays to provide support and to assist with CC events.
- May be subject to call-backs during emergency conditions (e.g. severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Performs other duties as required.
QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong leadership skills and clinical abilities;
- Ability to manage multiple projects well;
- Positive communicator and active listener.
- Computer skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software
- Social Work degree (BSW or MSW) required as per Maryland State licensure
- One year of social work experience preferred in long term care/assisted living/assisted care
- Knowledge of geriatric population and dementia.
Silver Spring, Maryland