Sr. Systems Engineer/Software Application Packager
- Costa Mesa,CA
- Sep 12, 2017
- Insurance : General Insurance
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
The Road to Success Starts Here!
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking career-minded individuals for our Sr. Systems Engineer/Software Application Packager opportunity in Costa Mesa, CA. We are seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer with application packaging, OS builds and management of PC initiatives. This position is on a PC Engineering team wherein typical tasks include build and management of PC device OS and management of core PC applications. This position requires an expert understanding of Windows, application packaging and SCCM Deployment, SCCM OSD, Active Directory Group Policy, complex system environment design and system security design management
Successful candidates have the following qualifications:
- Must have prior experience with using AdminStudio or InstallShield for packaging. Must have packaged applications for Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating systems (OS) platforms
- Must be fluent at scripting using PowerShell
- Must be able to troubleshoot packaging problems.
- Must understand a standard packaging process and workflow
- Must understand MSI packaging best practices and standards
- Must have an understanding of software deployment leveraging Microsoft System Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Expertise in virtualizing applications through sequencing is desired, but not required
- Expertise in creating application shims is desired, but not required
- 3+ years of experience implementing and administrating System Center Configuration Manager 2012 and 2012 R2 and other system management technologies in an enterprise network environment
- Experience leading and delivering SCCM and other related tool solutions for patch deployments, tracking, reporting and remediation
- Strong working knowledge of application packaging and deployment using programs and advertisements
- Minimum of 3 years enterprise experience working in a large complex corporate IT environment as a Microsoft Windows Systems Engineer designing, implementing and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the System Engineer level; exceptional customer service, overall communication and technical writing skills.
- Must have sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level; must possess the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as a part of a team of engineers.
- Thorough knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
- Solid understanding of standard client/server and networking fundamentals.
- Highly motivated self-starter and self-directed.
- Team player and willing to perform needed tasks to complete work
• Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
• Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
• Life Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• 401k Savings Plan
• Employee Discounts
• Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
"Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service."
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.