Part-Time Bookkeeper (20 hours per week)
- Sep 12, 2017
- Accounting/Finance : Bookkeeping
5000256985806 Are you looking for an opportunity to build a great career with a company where you and your efforts will truly be valued? Join our team at Sapp Bros.! We operate a chain of travel centers stretching from Utah to Pennsylvania, providing our customers with quality products, a clean environment, and a commitment to excellent service. We are currently looking for a motivated and hard-working Part-time Bookkeeper to join our team!
The Bookkeeper is primarily responsible for communicating the sales, expenses, and cash auditing results from the previous day to the General Manager and Department Managers in order for them to make decisions on how to maximize efficiencies and profits. Our Bookkeepers are to maintain tight cash controls and report any breakdowns or weaknesses in the system to the General Manager.
Job Duties Sapp Bros. is a place where everyone works hard to make each truck stop the very best by being the friendliest and cleanest truck stop chain in the United States. The Bookkeeper must be extremely proficient with 10-key and Windows based software. Below is a partial list of duties:
* Audit previous day receipts and prepare daily deposit
* Enter sales ahead of daily deadline into accounting system
* Reconcile daily accounts receivable and credit cards
* Assist Store Associates look for cash variations
* File copies of accounts receivable and payable documents
* Reconcile mechanical totalizers to POS sales reports
* Enter daily Bill of Ladings into accounting software
* Enter accounts payable in accounting software
* Audit and reconcile manager's vault
* Forecast and order daily change requirements
* Order office and fuel desk supplies
* Meet daily with General Manager and Departments Heads to communicate results
*This position will work 3-4 days a week to include Saturday mornings
The Bookkeeper must maintain a professional image at all times. If hired for this position you must provide proper documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States, be willing to undergo a credit, criminal background and employment reference check, and be at least 16 years of age.
* Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear
* Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with arms and hands
* Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 30 pounds
* Vision requirements: Close vision, distance vision. Must be able to focus quickly between a computer screen to paper and back again regularly
At Sapp Bros., Inc., we take pride in our hard-working employees by offering competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits plan designed to meet your needs. Benefits of the role include:
*Health & Dental Insurance
*Education Assistance Program
*Gym Membership Reimbursement
*Payroll Direct Deposit
*Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
*Store & Restaurant Discounts
*Career Advancement -- We promote from within!