Senior Accountant / Accounting Consultant - Eden Prairie, MN - Veteran's Welcome
- Eden Prairie,MN
- Sep 12, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
- Manage customer contracts including risk delegation and fee - for - service revenue models
- Review, manipulate, and summarize large sets of data including CMS eligibility files and remittances
- Work across functional areas in successfully performing job requirements
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles
Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position
Involvement in the monthly / quarterly 'close' process
Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
Review the work of others
Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or equivalent field
- 3+ years of Accounting experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Healthcare experience
- Hyperion Essbase experience
- PeopleSoft Financials experience
- Microsoft Access experience
- Accounting experience with regulated entities
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.