Internal Audit Lead - IT - Minnetonka, MN - Veteran's Welcome
- Sep 12, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for managing IT internal audit and IT risk management consulting activity within designated specialty areas for the company. Responsible for leading the performance of the information systems audits and special projects to assess the existence, effectiveness and efficiency of the IT controls and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Lead in the development and execution of IT internal audits including audit planning, detailed audit procedures and related testing and reporting in accordance with professional and departmental standards, including financial (Sarbanes-Oxley testing) and operational
- Prepare clear, accurate and complete workpapers in accordance with department quality standards; meet project timelines and deliverable due dates
- Review work performed by others, provide recommendations for improvement and ensure resources are allocated to meet project deadlines
- Identify audit issues and perform root cause analysis with practical corrective solutions - act a key resource on complex issues while motivating and leading project teams
- As necessary, perform follow-up on assigned audit report action plans to ensure that the business partners have completed agreed upon action
- Participate on special projects undertaken by the department and/or the Company
2 years of IT audit experience
Strong understanding of IT auditing concepts and principles and how to apply them
Understanding of IT risks and controls and their practical application
Strong interpersonal and analytical skills while working effectively with a team
Strong oral and written communication skill
Desire to make a positive impact with the ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities
3 or more years of relevant business experience including IT or audit experience.
Sarbanes-Oxley internal control experience focusing on IT
Healthcare Industry, Public Accounting, or IT experience
Experience working in a complex IT/IS environment
Audit, assurance, risk, or IT related certification
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.