Travel Labor & Delivery Nurse - (LD RN)
- Salt Lake City,UT
- Sep 12, 2017
- Healthcare : Registered Nurse (RN)
13175859 Job Description & Requirements
Labor & Delivery Nurse - (LD RN)
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: 12 D/N Pay Rate: $28.00 - 31.00
As a top provider of care to their community, this LD unit prides itself on optimal patient outcomes with compassionate care. This position presents a great opportunity to learn the latest technologies while enhancing your professional experience within a passionate team environment.
- 325 bed Level 3 Trauma center using EPIC charting
- Approx 300 births per month, including high risk patients
- Plan on spending a good chunk of your time exploring Temple Square. This walled neighborhood at the heart of Salt Lake City hosts spectacular buildings such as the Salt Lake Temple as well as lush gardens and soaring sculptures. But there's more to do: The Great Salt Lake provides a spectacular setting for hiking and picnicking, while the nearby Wasatch National Forest is cross-hatched with scenic trails.
- Check out the Utah Olympic Park for a larger boost of adrenaline, or try your hand on the slopes in Park City or nearby Snowbird Ski Resort.
Labor and delivery (LD) nurses provide care to women and their newborns during the antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum and neonatal stages. They provide support and monitor vital signs of the mother and baby during birth and deal with any potential problems. They may also provide support and education to mothers and their families after giving birth. LD nurses are found in hospitals, clinics and physician offices, and maternity or birthing centers.
- Intermediate AWHONN, ACLS, NRP, BLS
- Current UT or Compact license
Surrounded by soaring mountain ranges, Salt Lake City boasts beautiful scenery and a bustling city scene. Home to some of the best snowboarding and skiing conditions in the country, the city was chosen as host for the 2002 Winter Olympics. The Living Planet Aquarium and Clark Planetarium offer educational family fun, while the city's many museums document the history, culture, and arts of the region. The city's many parks offer plenty of recreational options, with scenic spots for picnics and sports alike.
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
- Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
- Medical plans with dental and vision
- Complimentary, high-quality private housing
- 401(k) and flex spending options
- Life insurance
- Accident and short-term disability coverage
- Free continuing education (CE) courses
- Travel allowances
- Guaranteed pay program
- Tuition discount program
- Referral bonuses
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation's top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
Labor and delivery nurse, labor and delivery, LD, LD RN, registered nurse, RN, R.N., postpartum, neonatal nurse, neonatal, L&D, nurse, nursing, healthcare, health care, hospital, maternity