Travel Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse - (NICU RN)
- Las Vegas,NV
- Sep 12, 2017
- Healthcare : Registered Nurse (RN)
13177083 Job Description & Requirements
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse - (NICU RN)
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: 12 D Pay Rate: $38.00 - 40.00
- 600+ bed Level 2 Trauma center using Meditech charting
- 72 bed Level III Neonatal ICU. Treatment and care is state-of-the-art and includes: nitric oxide, high-frequency ventilation, latest methods for surgical and non-surgical treatment for cardiac, neurosurgical and GI conditions.
- Facility has been named a Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to Work For
The role of the neonatal intensive care nurse (NICU nurse) is to provide direct and specialized care for newborns needing close monitoring due to premature birth, birth defects, infection, or other medical conditions requiring surgery or therapy. Working in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) with doctors and other healthcare professionals, the NICU RNs assist in developing and implementing a plan of care for high-risk newborns requiring high-technology care, including ventilators, incubators, or other special equipment or surgery.
- Travel contract experience required
- Current NV license is preferred, but not required to submit here
About the Facility
The largest acute care center serving Greater Las Vegas, this hospital is regarded as one of the finest in the state of Nevada. The facility was established 50 years ago and has provided exemplary care since its inception. Today, it offers a full range of specialty care services including and accredited chest pain center, a comprehensive cancer center, and a Level II trauma ward, among many others. The Joint Commission accredited facility is the frequent recipient of awards and commendations, recently winning a Consumer Choice award for the 15th consecutive year, among other distinctions.
Roll the dice and see what "lady luck" has in store for you in glittering Las Vegas! Filled with neon lights, spectacular attractions and mega-wattage fun, Las Vegas is undeniably the entertainment capital of the world. Gambling aside, Vegas is the place to see superstars in concert, catch breathtaking laser shows, take helicopter rides over the Grand Canyon and to experience life to its fullest.
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
- Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
- Medical plans with dental and vision
- Complimentary, high-quality private housing
- 401(k) and flex spending options
- Life insurance
- Accident and short-term disability coverage
- Free continuing education (CE) courses
- Travel allowances
- Guaranteed pay program
- Tuition discount program
- Referral bonuses
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation's top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
Neonatal intensive care nurse, intensive care, NICU, neonatal, newborn, RN nurse, newborn, neonatal care, nurse, nursing, registered nurse, RN, R.N., infant care, critical care, hospital, medical, patient care, healthcare, health care