- Oct 13, 2017
- Healthcare : Physical Therapist
Location: Alexandria, VA
Woodbine Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, a 307-bed skilled nursing facility, is currently seeking a full-time Activity Therapist. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, motivated individual who enjoys working with the elderly.
The Activity Therapist is responsible for coordinating and implementing daily therapeutic activity programs designed to meet our residents’ needs and interests. Programs include both group and individual activities for all residents, with a wide range of abilities.
Leads, plans, organizes and coordinates activity programs to meet the resident’s social, emotional, mental, physical and spiritual needs.
- Assesses residents in light of their background, interest, leisure, previous lifestyle, physical and cognitive limitations and needs.
- Documents individual activity program using the appropriate assessment forms.
- Completes Minimum Data Set (MDS) comprehensive assessment forms in a timely manner.
- Participates in the multidisciplinary team approach in the development, implementation and evaluation of care plans.
- Attends resident care conferences and documents appropriate information in individual resident care plans.
- Completes progress notes that are specific to the resident’s activity plans at least quarterly or more frequently when appropriate
- Bachelors of Science in Therapeutic Recreation or related field
- Credentialed or eligible as CTRS through National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification or other recognized accrediting body
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills (in the English language) sufficient to perform the principle duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description.
- Capable of performing the following minimum physical requirements:
- heavy lifting such as transferring residents from bed to wheelchair and / or lifting and carrying heavy objects;
- stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching such as bathing a resident, wiping spills off floor, making a bed, lifting food trays from a cart, placing materials on shelves, etc.;
- frequent walking;
- pushing and pulling heavy carts such as food carts, medication carts, hand trucks, etc.;
- climbing stairs, stools, ladders.
- Previous work experience in health care highly desired.
Interested and qualified candidates, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button.