- Oct 15, 2017
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
Oil States Energy Services is hiring for a Well Tester job in Canonsburg,PA
Benefits start day one! Which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Short & Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
POSITION SUMMARY: Under training supervision, learns the basics of flowback, fracing, and well testing and will develop a working knowledge of all equipment and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Abides by all Oil States Energy Services, LLC Safety and Operational Policies and Procedures.
• Install, remove and maintain various types of wellhead oilfield equipment on oil and gas wells.
• Completes all paperwork in a timely manner as required by company and supervisor, including preparation and timely submission of accurate and thorough completion of job reports.
• Assures proper operation, maintenance, applications and documentation of the company operations.
• Drives company vehicle in a safe manner, observing all company and government regulations, and arrives at field or training site or other designated destination at correct scheduled time.
• Regularly inspects work equipment for preventative maintenance purposes. Notes and reports any damages in a timely manner.
• Train and assist co-workers as required.
• Monitor well fluids and gases and report it accurately such at Choke Manifolds, Separators, Flow Back tanks, Bulk Oilfield tanks.
• Install and repair OSES Equipment used in well testing (Choke Manifolds, Separators, Stack packs, and flow back tanks).
• Operate oilfield production equipment such as choke valves, stack packs, separators, heater treaters, and tank batteries.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to travel for extensive amount of days and be on call 24/7.
• Must maintain a safe driving record as required by company policy.
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram forms. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Two years of experience in oilfield work or related field preferred.
• Basic knowledge of all tools and equipment utilized by oil and gas industry.
• Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to read and write English.
• Must successfully pass pre-and post-employment drug and alcohol tests per company policy.
• Basic math skills required.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSES
• Valid Drivers License
• Commercial Drivers License (CDL) may be required depending on location.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk to hear.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Requires exposure to moderate noise levels, as well as warm, hot and cold temperatures.
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Respond well to questions.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety & Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
Oil States is a leader in integrated rental solutions and services in the global oil and gas drilling industry. We provide a broad range of equipment related to supporting operators and service companies during the well site activities of wireline, thru-tubing, isolation, well testing, frac stacks, ball launchers, completion fluids, sand control and production services.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities