- High Point,NC
- Oct 16, 2017
- Government : Military
AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people's lives more livable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have approximately 46,000 people in around 80 countries, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Sikkens, International, Interpon, Eka and Chemcraft.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
??Our Wood Coatings Business Unit is the leading supplier of wood coatings for furniture, flooring, cabinetry and building products, and a key supplier of wood adhesives and board resins for construction materials and engineered products. We work closely with our customers around wood solutions, and color and styling expertise, and due to our extensive wood knowledge and application know-how, we enjoy a particularly strong position in North America.
Follow all instructions on the batch tickets to manufacture batches in sizes from 1 gallon to 5000 gallons as instructed on the batch ticket in various types of mixing tanks, while following all safety procedures.
- Supervisor- Lead Person
- Member of Manufacturing Department
- No Direct reports
Principal Accountabilities/Critical Objectives
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty safely, satisfactorily, and in a timely manner.
• Must follow all established safety rules and procedures
• Must demonstrate integrity while performing duties as per company's Code of Conduct
• Abiltity to safely operate forklift
• Batches are distributed to batch makers who will secure materials needed to make batch from multiple storage areas
• Materials are added to batch in the arranged order on the batch ticket. This is completed while also following safety procedures such as proper PPE, bonding and grounding, etc.
• Batchmaker will regularly handle containers such as 5 gallon pails up to 75 lbs, 60 lb bags of pigment or maneuvering drums up to 900 lbs
• Batchmaker will weigh/measure all materials used in this process for yield and accuracy of completed batches
• When batch is complete, a sample is sent to the QC lab for approval. Batchmaker or Adjuster will be notified of any adjustments that need to be made. Batchmakers or Adjusters will make all ads if there is color adjustments needed.
• When QC approves batch, it is filled off
• Perform area housekeeping responsibilities
• Tank Washing
• Fill off
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily.
• Ability to read, comprehend and follow safety instructions and safety guidelines
• Ability to pass forklift test and certify
• Ability to weigh and measure raw material accurately
• Ability to lift and handle containers such as 5 gallon pails up to 75 lbs, 60 lb bags of pigment or maneuvering drums up to 900 lbs
• Must have effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
• Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
• Ability to climb stairs wearing steel-toed footwear
• Ability to work in hot and cold environments and inclement weather
• Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment with exposure to chemical agents
• Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
The physical demands described in the essential qualifications are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described in the essential qualifications are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.