Assistant Plant Manager (2nd/Variable Shift)
- Fort Smith,AR
- Oct 16, 2017
- Government : Military
The Assistant Plant Manager at Elite Comfort Solutions foam pouring facility in Ft. Smith, AR supervises and coordinates the activities of production and operation workers in multiple departments. They are responsible for ensuring daily that all employees have the necessary tools to perform their jobs. Responsibilities include confirming all departments are communicating effectively about orders, monitoring work flow daily, and coordinating any variations from the production schedules. This is a 2nd Shift position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Data entry for production lines.
- Coordinates with other supervisors on daily schedule, workflow, personnel issues, etc.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion, in order to ensure that it has been performed properly.
- Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders.
- Inform designated employees or departments of items loaded, and problems encountered.
- Evaluate employee performance.
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports.
- Fills in for any area, employee, or department as needed.
- Process the orders in order to communicate material flow, and follow up on rush, sample or shortage orders.
- Check all equipment, tools, PPE to be sure all is in proper & safe condition.
- Ensure that workers are using personal protective equipment, complying with all safety policies and using safe work practices.
- Coordinates with the Human Resource Department and Plant Management to document infractions and discipline employees for poor performance, violation of safety practices, and other policy/rule violations, as necessary.
- Report changes in production that affect the essential job duties, minimum job requirements and possible safety hazards for jobs in areas of responsibility to the HR Department to ensure job descriptions and JSAs are kept current.
- Check quality of material coming into departments and monitor the status of various orders.
- Show operators how styles are to be fabricated and assist in the training of new employees in those operations.
- Expedite necessary orders through the plant.
- Assist in making sure all raw materials are ordered as needed.
- Relay any necessary information to plant personnel.
- Perform quality checks.
Possess strong knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Aware of the principles and processes for providing customer service. Including meeting quality standards and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Capable of understanding complicated written instructions, memoranda, orders
- Regular, skilled use of word processors and programs and able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the ability to find errors and correct them.
- Some general knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, usage, repair, and maintenance.
- 3 -5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Completion of high school education requirements demonstrated by high school transcript, diploma or GED.
- College degree in related area.
- Previous work experience in a "Lean" manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and answer questions from managers, customers, sales force, etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Ability to apply knowledge of general mathematics to necessary operations.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation
- Ability to extract and compile a range of data from written sources, individuals, or multiple work orders
- Personal computer and software programs, including MS Excel, Order Entry and Microsoft Outlook.
Elite Comfort Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer