Electronic Games Technician
- Oklahoma City,OK
- Jan 27, 2018
- Skilled Trades : Electrical/Mechanical Trades
Remington Park Racing Casino is hiring for a Electronic Games Technician job in Oklahoma City,OK
DUTIES & JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures a fun and exciting gaming and service experience is provided to each and every customer by maintaining and repairing electronic gaming devices on the casino floor.
- Reactivates all "out of order" machines on the casino floor as efficiently as possible.
- Assists in all service requirements that are necessary in gaming machine equipment.
- Maintains the internal appearance of machines and equipment.
- Promotes outstanding guest relations.
- Handles routine guest concerns and incidents and identify situations that require supervisory assistance.
- Communicates effectively and attends to each task in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Understands and complies with company and departmental directives, policies and procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of all applicable gaming and/or control regulations.
- Performs all related and compatible duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES & EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE:
- Attention to Detail: Able to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system of records.
- Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or employees; listen well.
- Continuous Learning: Able to stay informed of current industry trends; learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self reliance; identify own areas of opportunity and set and monitor self-development goals.
- Willingness to Serve: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery to do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
- Flexibility: Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; do work right the first time and inspect materials for flaws; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Integrity: Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Respect: Able to adapt behavior to others’ styles, interact with people who have different values, culture, or backgrounds, be of service to difficult people, optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce. Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
- Policies, Process, Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to written rules or practices.
- Team Centered- Able to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from coworkers; display team spirit.
- Equipment Knowledge-Able to operate various types of office equipment including, but not limited to; personal computers, printers, 10 key adding machines, copy machines, FAX machines, telephone, typewriter, and other departmental related systems.
ESENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. Regularly required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to lift a maximum of 30 lbs and push, pull, or drag up to 100 lbs. Requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult guests or staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Technical school or formal apprenticeship may be required.
- May require the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with personal computers, AV systems, player tracking card systems, gaming devices, safety equipment, etc.
- Knowledge of various types of electronic gaming equipment used on casino floor and demonstrate the skills and ability to diagnose problems, take corrective action necessary, and ensure device is operational as quickly and efficiently as practical.
- Requires in-house training as a gaming device technician apprentice or previous technical experience at another casino.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!