Corporate Compliance Manager
- Oklahoma City,OK
- Nov 28, 2017
- Management : General Management
Remington Park Racing Casino is hiring for a Corporate Compliance Manager job in Oklahoma City,OK
DUTIES & JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns are being appropriately and timely evaluated, investigated and resolved. This may include, assisting in investigating or supporting efforts to investigate reports of alleged non-compliance with laws or company policy.
- Develop organizational capability to support and sustain a strong compliance culture on a day to day basis.
- Develop, deploy and maintain a robust data analytics program to provide for advanced and continuous monitoring of compliance risks and controls.
- Leverage data to identify and understand compliance risks and identify trends that indicate elevated risk and inform and influence policy and practice where applicable.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk through formal and ongoing risk and controls assessments; develop and implement processes to mitigate such risks; and provide guidance on avoiding or managing similar situations in the future.
- Understand and help the business develop mitigation strategies for compliance risks.
- Support supervisors in their roles as compliance champions in their respective teams through face to face training and seeking best practices for each team.
- Verify that software technology is in place to adequately provide oversight and monitoring in all required areas.
- Support, coordinate, and contribute to the periodic alignment and updating of corporate policies and procedures across functions and business units for sharing best practices, identifying gaps, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments in order to identify and prioritize potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
- Develop, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders within the Company, and implement corrective measures to resolve identified risk or areas of compliance weakness.
- Conduct customer and vendor risk rating and monitoring, tracking vendors and customers for compliance risks, proper conduct, etc.
- Assess compliance risk, correct compliance deficiencies identified by internal and external examinations, identify root cause of compliance exceptions, and develop corrective actions.
- Keep abreast of the regulatory environment by conducting compliance research and analysis of new/pending laws, regulations, interpretive rulings, and regulatory agency directives.
- Partner with business management to identify, formulate, and implement compliance risk policies, procedures, and controls for the respective business and/or functional area.
- Assist with implementation of regulatory changes into business operations in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Mentor/train peers within business unit, and provide compliance risk expertise to projects and initiatives.
- Respond to department inquiries about compliance issues, utilizing appropriate sources for accurate research.
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by the Director Business Analysis & Risk Management.
- Respond to ethics and policy questions, provide training, implement and monitor compliance systems.
- Assist all business units and functional departments in understanding how to adhere to GGS’s standards, applicable laws and regulations and company policies.
- Ensure gaming, racing and all related regulatory controls are compliant with Facility internal control standards/SOPs, OHRC, ABLE, OK State and Federal statutes, rules, ordinances, etc.
- Responsible for the development, communication and implementation of all gaming related regulatory compliance policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Direct investigations of gaming related regulatory discrepancies and other suspicious activities discovered by Management, Compliance, Internal Audit, Security and/or Surveillance Staff.
- Serve as manager of the Facility’s Responsible Gaming Program and Chairman of the Facility’s Responsible Gaming Committee.
- Facilitate Responsible Gaming training for property.
- Perform audits on Responsible Gaming employee training.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Risk Management, Business Administration, or a directly related field
- MBA a plus, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Has high ethical standards
- Excellent research and analytical skills, with proven ability to distill actionable, practical advice from diverse sources and opinions
- Practical familiarity with legal requirements relating to compliance programs
- Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data and make recommendations compatible with GGS standards and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to analyze/think critically to fully understand and make sound recommendations/solutions
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage workload to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Demonstrated ability to drive successful outcomes with partners at all levels of the organization
- Ability to set priorities and perform a variety of work assignments that are complex and broad
- Teaching skills to educate and train employees on all necessary regulations and industry practices
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Excellent independent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Consistent pro-active approach to produce thorough and complete work
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and good presentation skills
- Must be thorough, accurate, and timely in completing essential duties, with discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to negotiate and influence others across all organizational levels and functions
- Ability and willingness to travel
· Demonstrated ability to work independently without day-to-day supervision
- Must be available 24 hours/7 days a week with the ability to work evenings and weekends as a normal course of business
Training and Experience:
- Minimum of five ears’ experience managing a compliance program
- Two+ years of leadership experience in driving organizational change and development, coaching and mentoring
- Experience with assessing, implementing and improving organizational processes
- Must have experience with compliance auditing across all medias
- Experience in coordinating development and training initiatives with a focus on employees at the manager/supervisor/emerging leader level
- Experience with preparation of case reports using investigative findings
- Project Management experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check and receive a license or permit from any Regulatory Agency, if applicable to perform the essential job functions
- Must be able to complete pre-employment drug test with a negative result
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) preferred
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager, or equivalent current professional or regulatory certification preferred
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!