Bilingual Family Advocate/ Family Advocate
- Feb 26, 2018
- Management : General Management
3954 Gannon Lane ATTN: Human Resources - Dallas, Texas, 75237
Head Start of Greater Dallas, Inc. is hiring for a Bilingual Family Advocate/ Family Advocate job in Dallas,TX
Family Advocate Duties...
- Planning and implementing the recruitment, orientation and enrollment of age and income eligible children and families
- Implementing the Family Partnership process via assessing and building on family strengths and community assets
- Educating/counseling and referring individuals for assistance
- Advocating as needed to identify and remove barriers to self-reliance with enhancing children’s and family member’s self-worth
- Maintain accurate and confidential records; insure compliance with Performance Standards
- Case Management
- Paid Vacation after 1 year employment
- Paid Sick Leave
- 2 weeks paid Winter Break
- Medical Insurance
- 4 paid Personal days
- Dental Insurance
- 6 paid Holidays
- 403b Plan
- Bilingual incentive pay
Qualifications for the Health Assistant:
- B.A. /B.S. in Social Work, Sociology or Human Development field from an accredited university
- At least one to three years’ experience working in the area of Social services.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Location: DISD, Lake June, Robbie Jones
Click the APPLY NOW button to upload your resume. You can also mail or fax your resume.
About Head Start:
Head Start of Greater Dallas serves more than 4,400 low-income, preschool age children, and their families at 46 center locations throughout Dallas County. Of these centers, three are Early Head Start Centers and one is a home-based Early Head Start Center that serves infants, toddlers and pregnant mothers.