Long Seam Lead
- Nov 28, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
8653 E. Hwy 67 - Alvarado, Texas, 76009
Sabre Tubular Structures is hiring for a Long Seam Lead job in Alvarado,TX
Onsite Interviews & Weld Testing
August 2, 2017 (Wednesday) 2p-7p
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Responsible for overseeing and delegating daily task to assigned employees
Efficiently use the company’s computer system (EPICOR/Vantage - MES), to collect labor hours and track process information on each job.
Supervises employee duties to insure Safety, Quality, and Productivity goals are being met.
Responsible for training production employees as needed.
Insures housekeeping is maintained in area.
Uses Microsoft Outlook (email) to communicate within and outside of the department.
Operate various materials handling equipment, to include but not limited to, overhead cranes, forklift, and pallet jacks.
Assist employees in reading and interpreting blue prints.
Assist in the training of employees on equipment within the departments/bays.
Creates a team environment based on mutual dignity and respect.
Assist in the implementation of the master plan to ensure goals and project delivery dates are met.
Must be a self-starter, able to multi-task, have strong communication skills and ability to lead and motivate employees.
The lead helps to ensure machinery, tools, and equipment are in good working order.
Communicates to appropriate personnel any unusual operating conditions.
Ensures a quality product is being produced while at the same time able to assist in solving problems as they arise.
Provides cross training opportunities to capable individuals.
Assigns work to meet daily priorities, helps to determine if departmental overtime is needed to meet customer ship dates, and provides any other assistance as directed by the supervisor.
Observes and provides feedback on employees/team performance for the supervisor.
- • Basic Math Knowledge.
• Bilingual preferred but not required.
• Epicore/Vantage computer system to report data, check job schedules, inventory levels, routings, bill of materials, as well as, train new and existing employees.
• Must be proficient in reading blue prints and visually inspect shafts and hardware.
• Must have clear knowledge of Sabre’s Quality Manual and manufacturing tolerances.
• Must communicate effectively; orally and in writing.
- • High School Diploma or GED preferred; (or) must have successfully demonstrated leadership capabilities in a manufacturing environment.
• Day shift Lead Person is required to start 15 minutes prior to the start of their departments shift and stay over 15 minutes after the end of their departments shift.
• Night shift Lead Person is required to start 30 minutes prior to the start of their departments shift.