- Nov 28, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
8653 E. Hwy 67 - Alvarado, Texas, 76009
Sabre Tubular Structures is hiring for a Material Handler job in Alvarado,TX
Onsite Interviews & Weld Testing
August 2, 2017 (Wednesday) 2p-7p
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Runs, maneuvers, navigates or drives heavy equipment or mechanized equipment in beam area, such as forklifts, cranes/overhead cranes, trucks, etc.
- Breaks down bundles of beams and loads on holding table.
- Moves beams to feed into the punch and actuates the punch and moves loaded bundles down the conveyor where needed for punches by hand.
- Inspects, measures and adjusts punches.
- Records number of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Grinds ends of tubes inside and out removing burs made by saws.
- Operates the robot and maintains the robot operation and area.
- Uses good judgment, follow instructions and have good problem solving abilities.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong ability to multi-task.
- Reads work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Moves product to and from storage or production areas by hand or using trucks, forklifts, or other equipment.
- Attaches identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Inspects all lifting equipment prior to use (forklifts, cranes, monorails, chains, slings, etc.).
- Follows established housekeeping standards.
- Informs Lead of any quality concerns and inform Maintenance on any equipment failures or concerns.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Management.
- Must be able to work in an outside manufacturing environment for long shifts, including some weekends.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Experience using forklifts highly preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English required.
- Must be able to obtain SG Crane/Forklift Certification.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Monday through Friday, 3:30p – 12a with some weekends.