- Nov 28, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
8653 E. Hwy 67 - Alvarado, Texas, 76009
Sabre Tubular Structures is hiring for a Finishing Specialist job in Alvarado,TX
Onsite Interviews & Weld Testing
August 2, 2017 (Wednesday) 2p-7p
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Ensure all galvanized products meet Sabre quality requirements, minimize downtime, and promote efficiency and uptime Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Must use good judgment, follow instructions and have good problem solving abilities.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Record number of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
- Runs, maneuvers, navigates or drives heavy equipment or mechanized equipment in finishing area, such as forklifts, cranes/overhead cranes, trucks, etc.
- Inform QA/QC Technician of any quality concerns and inform Maintenance Lead on any and all equipment failures and concerns.
- Counts, weighs or measures outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, forklifts, or other equipment.
- Transports heavy equipment and materials.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Inspect all lifting equipment prior to use (forklifts, cranes, monorails, chains, slings, etc).
- Inspect all material before galvanizing to insure material meets all Sabre Safety guidelines and procedures.
- Adhere to established housekeeping standards.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Management.
- Ability to work well with people in a number of positions
- Ability to identify, define and resolve problems
- Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work
- Knowledge of general safety guidelines and Sabre's quality expectations and application in the work place
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
- Must be able to work in an outside manufacturing environment for long shifts, including weekends.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources.
- Ability to read, write and speak English is required
- Experience using forklifts and cranes highly preferred
- Must be able to obtain SG Crane/Forklift Certification
- Prior experience in a manufacturing facility highly preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred
- Good communication skills, including reading, writing and speaking English
- Ability to pay attention to details and multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Must be able to work days or nights on rotating shifts and every other weekend