- Nov 29, 2017
- Mechanics : General Mechanics
Oakland County Michigan is hiring for a Maintenance Mechanic job in Waterford,MI
Maintenance Mechanic I - $35,297.86 - $45,972.42 Annually
Provides a variety of maintenance and repair duties important to the operation of County sanitary sewer, water, storm drain and/or lake level control systems, equipment, and structures. Performs inspections to keep assigned systems functional, and to evaluate new construction projects for conformance with standards. Keeps daily records of activities. Operates a variety of machinery, including vactor, back hoe, dump truck and bucket machine. Performs a variety of semi?skilled trade work such as carpentry, grounds maintenance, and/or plumbing. Answers complaints according to policy and direction, and makes emergency repairs. Is responsible for safe work procedures.
1. Possess a high school diploma or have completed the state requirements for a GED certificate; AND
2. Have one (1) year of full-time experience in sewer and/or water system maintenance.
3. Possess a valid motor vehicle Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Group "A" designation.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this class.