- Feb 28, 2018
- Grounds Maintenance : General Grounds Maintenance
PK Management is hiring for a Maintenance Technician job in Aurora,CO
Apply maintenance skills and customer service skills to ensure overall maintenance of the property to ensure that all physical as-pects of the property meet all applicable laws as well as the company's established standards. Troubleshoot and repair all aspects of the property and its units; plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, carpentry, appliances, painting and drywall. Work may be per-formed independently or as part of the maintenance team. This position operates within and contributes to an environment with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager, Property Manager
Supervises: No supervisory duties.
Works with: All property staff
External relationships: Residents & outside contractors
Education: High School Diploma/GED (beneficial)
Work Experience: 1-3 years of prior maintenance experience required.
Licenses/Certifications: HVAC certification preferred, valid driver’s license with insurance required. valid driver’s license may be
required by property.
Minimum Tools Required Standard tools: hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc.
- Troubleshoot work orders daily for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Prepare vacant units for new residents ensuring that the unit meets the company standards/checklist.
- Maintain the exterior grounds of the property and conduct seasonal duties such as snow removal or pool maintenance.
- Conduct walk-through of the entire property to ensure everything is in working order; if not, take the appropriate steps for correction.
- Prepare for inspections.
- Schedule outside contractors for projects, if necessary.
- Be available for quick response per company policy if on-call duties are required.
- Attend staff meetings as required or requested.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or Property Manager.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Administrative Skills – ability to understand the Company’s policies and procedures, track materials used for inventory purpos-es, sign-in/sign-out unit keys.
- Analytical Skills – ability to draw conclusions and examine alternatives when approaching a maintenance request, ability to read blue prints, if required, ability to consider alternative methods/materials, if the necessary are unavailable.
- Communication/Language Skills – ability to read and comprehend warning labels and service requests, ability to effectively communicate with residents and other property staff.
- Coordinating Skills – ability to prioritize numerous tasks and the importance of service requests.
- Creative Skills – ability to find the most efficient way to complete a task, continuously look for ways to retain residents and improve the property.
- Computer Skills – Outlook.
- Leadership Skills – ability to show confidence in work, motivate others and represent the property at resident functions.
- Manual Skills – cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping.
- Maintenance Skills – plumbing, electric, heating/cooling, carpentry, appliance repair, painting, drywall
- Appliance Repair – Troubleshooting and repair of parts, clean lint screen in washer/dryer, pumps and transmission, water heater troubleshooting, repair and replacement.
- Carpentry – Proper use of hand and power tools, cabinetry, door hanging to include installing hardware, closers, hinges, drywall repair and replacement, window repair and replacement, shelving installation.
- Electrical – Able to replace outlets, switches, light fixtures, circuit breakers, photocells, ballasts, understand and use basic test equipment, knowledge of fire and security system operation.
- Grounds keeping – Maintain landscaping and snow removal equipment, snow removal and salting of walks, operate blower, operate and maintain lawn equipment.
- Housekeeping – Understand and use MSDS, use cleaning chemicals, cleaning as required, maintain cleaning equipment.
- HVAC – Filter changes, coil cleaning, pump replacement, ability to troubleshoot using schematics and wiring diagrams, maintain a type II EPA certification, understanding of how to use pressure gauges, charge, evacuate and change out con densing units and air handlers.
- Plumbing – Basic plumbing repair on copper, pvc, cpvc, toilets, pump replacement, replacement of fixtures, valves, water heater troubleshooting, repair and replacement, ability to use and electric auger or snake.
- Pool Care – Filter cleaning, pool cleaning, chemical testing, knowledge of all shut-off, first aid, signage and pump motor repair and replacement.
- Mathematical Skills – ability to calculate square footage, read proper measurements.
- Other Skills – confidentiality, customer service, carpet cleaning, painting and paint equipment repair/maintenance
Work is typically performed at the property with moderate noise level; however, noise level will vary at times depending on assign-ment. Walking, standing, sitting, crouching, crawling and climbing are necessary throughout the day. May be exposed to various weather conditions when working on the exterior of the property. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 100 pounds. It is es-sential to be safety-conscious as there is exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes/airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
With more than 147 properties throughout 23 states nationwide, PK Management is a proud partner in affordable housing options and resources that support the health and happiness of each resident we serve. From management and maintenance to service and sales support, PK Management is always seeking new talent with experience in Section 8 and/or tax credit.
Winner of the “Leadership & Affordable Housing Award” from EnergyStar and recipient of awards for “Communities of Quality” (NAHMA) and “Excellence in Multicultural Aging” (American Society on Aging), PK Management enjoys tremendous industry recognition for our efforts to support a nationwide community of thriving, successful residents. We are currently hiring for a variety of key positions throughout our organization, including:
- Property Managers
- HVAC Technicians
- Leasing Agents
- Office Assistants
- Maintenance Technicians
- Social Service Coordinators
- Maintenance Supervisors
PK Management employees enjoy a wealth of benefits that prioritize their personal and professional wellbeing – including comprehensive health insurance, generous paid time off, retirement savings, wellness rewards, and continuous career development support.