Assistant Property Manager
- Jan 29, 2018
- Real Estate : Property Management
PK Management is hiring for a Assistant Property Manager job in Aurora,CO
Assistant Property Manager
Overall responsibility for providing support to the Property Manager including general management and certification/recertification processes at Section 8 housing properties. This position operates within and contributes to an environment in compliance with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Reports to: Property Manager (all levels)
Supervises: Subsidy Administrators
Works with: Site staff, Server Support, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, National Training, Human Resources
External relationships: Residents, vendors, Contract Administrator, banks, local citizen/neighborhood centers, Department of Hu
man Services, contractors.
Education: High School Diploma/GED required
Work Experience: 6 months to one year of experience beneficial.
Licenses/Certifications: NCHM or Quadel COS (required for Affordable Housing), SCS (required for Tax Credit site)
· Annual and interim recertification of residents.
· Conduct interviews and review applications of potential residents.
· Assisting residents, answering questions and documenting service requests; consulting with service coordinators, when necessary.
· Update tenant listings and waiting lists.
· Process move-ins and move-outs.
· Unit inspections.
· Monthly reporting.
· Purchasing supplies and paying bills in a timely manner.
· Appear in court for eviction proceedings.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by Property Manager or Sr. Property Manager.
· Rent collections and ledger reconciliation.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- · Administrative Skills – general office duties, answering phones, creating memos, email correspondence, knowledge of HUD regulations/policies and One-Site manual.
· Analytical Skills – ability to use statistical data for the recertification process, ability to determine resident turnover and reasons why residents are moving, ability to determine resident needs.
· Communication/Language Skills – ability to communicate with residents, other site-level staff, corporate office staff, vendors and contractors.
· Computer Skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet, One-Site.
· Coordinating Skills – ability to organize and maintain tenant files, coordinate monthly activities and maintain waiting list.
· Creative Skills – ability to design flyers, calendars, bulletin boards, activities and forms; ability to promote property through marketing and leasing efforts.
· Leadership Skills – ability to motivate others and operate as a team; ability to take initiative and delegate work to others; ability to handle emergency situations.
· Mathematical Skills – ability to calculate social security rates, rent payments and pro-rations; ability to maintain purchasing and declining balances.
· Other Skills – confidentiality, customer service, patience, professionalism, teamwork.
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment with moderate noise level. Walking is required for property tours and may expose you to weather conditions. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 25 pounds when accepting resident packages.
With more than 147 properties throughout 23 states nationwide, PK Management is a proud partner in affordable housing options and resources that support the health and happiness of each resident we serve. From management and maintenance to service and sales support, PK Management is always seeking new talent with experience in Section 8 and/or tax credit.
Winner of the “Leadership & Affordable Housing Award” from EnergyStar and recipient of awards for “Communities of Quality” (NAHMA) and “Excellence in Multicultural Aging” (American Society on Aging), PK Management enjoys tremendous industry recognition for our efforts to support a nationwide community of thriving, successful residents. We are currently hiring for a variety of key positions throughout our organization, including:
- Property Managers
- HVAC Technicians
- Leasing Agents
- Office Assistants
- Maintenance Technicians
- Social Service Coordinators
- Maintenance Supervisors
PK Management employees enjoy a wealth of benefits that prioritize their personal and professional wellbeing – including comprehensive health insurance, generous paid time off, retirement savings, wellness rewards, and continuous career development support.
Ready to learn more about our winning team? Join the PK Management Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities near you!